This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

How can we make the Wiki better?

Submit your suggestions on how to make our software even better.
Phillis
Administrator

How can we make the Wiki better?

Postby Phillis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:10 am

Hey guys,

I will leave this thread open for all haasbot users to come in and specifically request that specific guides/tutorials/or feature definitions be added the the wiki. You can currently find the wiki here: https://wiki.haasonline.com. Basically, you can use this play if you want to know more about a feature or want a detailed guide written on setting up something specific.

Your opinion matters a lot to us, so don't be surprised when we do add what you guys want to see :)

~ Phillis

malong

Re: How can we make the Wiki better?

Postby malong » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:47 pm

A overview table that contains all indicators and a short "when to use" advice would be great for beginners

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:00 pm

malong wrote:A overview table that contains all indicators and a short when to use case would be great for beginners

ah awesome suggestion. We are actually working on a basic strategies wiki (although its been put to the side for 2.0) that kind of goes through that. We could definitely incorporate that, although I may have to brush up on some mediawiki formatting :)

basicus
Beta Tester

Postby basicus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:38 pm

When looking at https://wiki.haasonline.com/Fibonacci_Retracements it says "Length (Data Length for calculating Fibonacci Retracements)". WHat exactly does that mean, in a practical way. The standard value is 60. WHat happens if it's set to 3 or 3000? This is the kind of things I miss the most. Explanations of the basic settings. What do they do? What are the ranges, and why?

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 pm

basicus wrote:When looking at https://wiki.haasonline.com/Fibonacci_Retracements it says "Length (Data Length for calculating Fibonacci Retracements)". WHat exactly does that mean, in a practical way. The standard value is 60. WHat happens if it's set to 3 or 3000? This is the kind of things I miss the most. Explanations of the basic settings. What do they do? What are the ranges, and why?

Ah yeah good point. I will add it to my list of things to do. I will let you know when I have gone through each indicator and added some more useful information like that.

kapetan
Beta Tester

Postby kapetan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:43 pm

can you add some videos links inside wiki ?

You can add examples
a part of Stephans replay viewtopic.php?f=19&t=652

is an good example of RSI and risk levels , such example setups help us to understand more each indicator

"Lets review some risk options:

Suggestion 1: Low risk
- Indicator: RSI (30,30,70) 30 min*
- Safety: Overcome fee costs

Suggestion 2: Medium risk
- Safety: Percent change (set at 50% of the exchange fee rate)

Suggestion 3: High risk
- Never Sell cheaper (to reduce the risk a little, unless we have 0% then its not needed)

Suggestion 4: Pro levels, full risk

* The exact RSI setup will depends on the pair you are trading on.

Let me give some pointers on this too:
BTC/CNY changes very rapidly so we are likely to end up with an short RSI at 15 or 30 on 2-10minutes.
BTC/USD currencly follows the CNY and its more volume based, so a little bit slower. the RSI-15,30,60 on 3-30minutes should do.
LTC/USD follows the BTC/USD in ratio, so its slower. the RSI-15,30,60 on 3-30minutes should do.
BTC/LTC is the ratio so it has rapid movement "to keep up". So the RSI-15,30 on 2-20minutes should do. "

LiquidDave

Postby LiquidDave » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:18 am

Add an explanation of every option, button, parameter, and control. I got a trial and thought I would have this up in no time but that is not the case because a lot of stuff I am not familiar with.

vodkalol

Postby vodkalol » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:24 pm

Hey guys :)

I dont know why this have not been suggested before but here it comes.

This is copyed from the support chat, and is a deeply honest problem and suggestion no matter if you agree or not. Because a few find the bot easy to use I know 100% that most dont find it easy to use even when on the surface it looks easy to use. But when a pc nerd like me after a weeks blood and sweat only lose money something is wrong and I know most likely its me, or the market, but this is why the wiki needs a serious how to use guide. Here comes the honest writing. I apoligize on beforehand.

"Hey guys, a suggestion for improvement...please for god sake add a section on how to use each bot with success written from a veteran user like your self...this bot is like finding a needle in a haystack man. Even the scraper cost me 200 usd out of no where to just sell my position lol. ( and the backtracker is bugged at times lol ) - Please this is highly needed. I have tried like everything and seems impossible to make money in this market. A bot must not be this hard to make a profit from man. We need proven and tested strategies. Right now I would earn more from doing all the day traiding maunally. Or by simply "hodling" This is not how a bot should be. Please take this seriously in mind. You will lose most costumers like this. And dont be afraid of people blaming you for losing money on your strategies because they are already doing that on not getting any stategy help. Please help us earn money using this cool bot. Thanks.

This bot seems to have unlimited pontential, but if it takes months and over 200 hours of work to learn to use it in any market conditon ( that is hard with the bugged backtracker making the confusion and frustrations complete ) then it is a unsuccessfull bot. It is simply not enough to write "this is good on a sideways market" - show me some real life examples, picures of good, bad and perfect sideways markets. Sideways can be many things lol. Actually the market can only go right aka sideways. Please man this bot is so fucking cool. So many veteran tips missing it is driving me crazy. Even more to lose money and I just bought it to earn money lol
"

And for some reason I cant even find the forums link on the website? Also a thing that makes me crazy so I use google to find the forums lol.

I know the people behind the bot are dedicated and hardworking, but for some reason they are afraid of sharing how to use the bot to make money in reality...they would get blamed less for people not making money and losing less costumers if they added a 100% proven and tested working idiot proof "101 how to manke money with haasbot" section to the wiki. - TOALLY in dept. Idiot proof. Wont take so long to write. 30 days at most. It is a question of will. And the will have not been there yet for some reason.

Sorry again for my honesty I know people hate that and I regret writing in 30 minutes. But I know it is sometimes needed that someone dare to say what is needed to be said.

I want to learn to use the cool bot, but is dissapointed how let alone a new user is and how hard it is to use the bot with success.

Best regards

Anders

vodkalol

Postby vodkalol » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:33 pm

Sorry the idiot have to make a point more.

- Dont be afraid of giving strategy/how to make money with the bot advice.

I know it is the rule that your supporters can not help on the most important part and hardest, but this is a huge error. Dont be afraid of blaming if the advice did not work, it is 10x worser to not help people and they never get success with the bot.

And you get the blame anywayes and lost costumers.

You have to give us money making advice or most simply will never learn before they give up and quit.

I know it is fear that hold you back from giving the advices needed and it is what is holding this bot back from gaining success and may end up shutting it down. I deeply hope you take this to heart because I know you are good and dedicated people but as all humans we let fear stop us from many things that end ud damaging us. Sometimes you cant cover you ass, sometimes you have to risk getting blamed by the 1% of costumers to give the best help to the 99%. Dont let fear hold you back guys.

No need to answer this posting I wont see the answer anywayes. Just came to drop this in love for the projekt.

Best regards

Anders

Return to “Suggestions”