This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Help Translating a Particular Strategy

Explain and discuss different trading strategies.
startnow

Re: Help Translating a Particular Strategy

Postby startnow » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Thanks. This corresponds with my assumption. Only Theo's message confused me a little bit.

pshai
King of Scripts

Re: Help Translating a Particular Strategy

Postby pshai » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:36 am

brace wrote:Hi.
As a learning exercise i tried to configure in v3 beta the 3 bots of the 3 bots strategy discussed above.

I think I got why 3 bots are better than one, anyway i still have doubts.

bots 2 (drop loss) and 3 (roof in) are setup to trade "all in", so that the wallet switches fom bought to sold or viceversa.

bots 2 and 3 make the wallet "switch", but how do we tell bot1 to switch? I mean the safeties on bot2 and bot 3 work at wallet level, but unless i am wrong they do not "message bot1" to inform it that "the wallet status has been reversed".
moreover how to proceed once bot2 or bot3 take action? I need to manually set all the thresholds again? If i do not do this which is the real need of bot2 and bot3 in this setup?

Example1 (using numbers above from last kapetan post of Apr 04, 2015):
price is at 249, bot1 is in Bought position -> nothing happens
prise rasies at 251 -> bot1 sells at 251 (Highlow indicator), bot1 is in Sold position
prices raises at 255 -> bot3 has the roof-in at 253, bot3 buys all the wallet: how to tell bot1 to set itself in Bought position???
moreover at this point unless i change manually the bot1 HighLow settings, bot2 and bot3 drop and roof settings the 3 bots are uselss, right?

Example2 (using numbers above from last kapetan post of Apr 04, 2015):
price is at 249, bot1 is in Sold position -> nothing happens
prise drops at 246 -> bot1 buys at 247 (Highlow indicator), bot1 is in Bought position
prices drops more at 239 -> bot2 has the stop-loss at 240, bot2 sells all the wallet: how to tell bot1 to set itself in Sold position???
moreover at this point unless i change manually the bot1 HighLow settings, bot2 and bot3 drop and roof settings the 3 bots are uselss, right?

Before posting i read what i wrote and may be a concept i am missing is this: we do not need to tell bot1 to change position, in fact if bot is in Sold position but bot3 bought using all the wallet bot1 can't sell again, so bot1 can only buy, so when the price will drop again bot1 will start buying and somehow "we changed position of bot1 indirectly".

Please explain me if i am on the correct path. Thanks.

The idea with 3 separate bots is that the bot1 can trade in range when it goes side-ways and as soon as the price peaks/drops, one of the safety-bots will trigger and disables bot1's ability to trade. This is actually a good thing, since it cant get stuck in high buy nor low sell price (unless you forget about it and let it rot for 3 months). You will also have to manually adjust the bots on-the-go because they work as trading assistants rather than as one, fully automated system.

Hope this helps,
~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

Return to “Trading Strategy Discussion”