[Haasbot 2.0] Indicator+Insurance+Safety Overlay

Submit your suggestions on how to make our software even better.
cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

[Haasbot 2.0] Indicator+Insurance+Safety Overlay

Postby cryptocrooks » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:41 am

I would like to see the backtest from within the bot. Running backtests for the individual indicators is great, but the true value of a backtest is how the indicators, safeties, and insurances interact with each other.

Typically when I run the backtest from the bot view, it either draws a donut (profit: 0, trades made: 0), but I can't figure out what is causing it not to issue signals, nor complete them, that way I would be able to adjust the correct item to insure the result I want.

I would like to see different line types (dashed for safety 1, dotted for safety 2, etc.) I'll draw a mockup when I get the time to assist the process.
----
Our blog and website!
http://www.cryptocrooks.com
Helping you find your way with bitcoin, from buying to securing and beyond!

Quintus
Administrator

Re: [Haasbot 2.0] Indicator+Insurance+Safety Overlay

Postby Quintus » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Great idea and we are looking for a good solution, but the problem is the interval. How are we going to display the signal produced of the 2h-RSI & 4h-RSI or a 3m-RSI & 6h RSI in 1 chart if they got both have difference intervals?

If you have a good idea and come up with a sketch we will see how it comes out.

- Quintus

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Postby cryptocrooks » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Good point, it seems that you might need to interpolate points or something like that. The problem that I'm having is that my bots aren't profitting, I realize that this bot isn't guaranteed to make money, but I'm having difficulty what (safety or insurance) is preventing trades from being issued at what point.
----
Our blog and website!
http://www.cryptocrooks.com
Helping you find your way with bitcoin, from buying to securing and beyond!

advandenoord

Postby advandenoord » Wed May 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Quintus wrote:Great idea and we are looking for a good solution, but the problem is the interval. How are we going to display the signal produced of the 2h-RSI & 4h-RSI or a 3m-RSI & 6h RSI in 1 chart if they got both have difference intervals?

If you have a good idea and come up with a sketch we will see how it comes out.

- Quintus

Hi Quintus,

I am struggling with the same problem, and I feel that adding this functionality in one way or another would greatly enhance the usability of the platform. In my view, there are two options to do so, which are: (i) using charts/graphs in the platform itself; and (ii) provide a functionality to download all indicator values and signals in an Excel file (or any other format).

For both options, you simply need to use the smallest interval possible (i.e., 1 minute). If indicators are calculated at larger intervals, say 5 minutes or an hour, the indicator value will simply stay the same for the duration of this larger interval. I guess this is precisely the same as how the bot currently evaluates the signals produced at different intervals, so the data should already be available somewhere.

Looking forward to the implementation of this solution.

Kind regards,

Ad

Return to “Suggestions”