Mad hatter bot disables after stop loss

Submit your request for new features, such as new indicators, insurances, safeties, and new exchange support.
cryptok

Mad hatter bot disables after stop loss

Postby cryptok » Wed May 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Guys

I was wondering is there any possible way to get a mad hatter bot to deactivate after a stop loss ?, after the recent ETH bull I had a lot of mad hatters stop loss at the 10% and then bought right back in again, some then done another stop loss.

I work up in the morning to absolute carnage I was literally crying into my corn flakes, I lost the last 3 months profit and some of my initial investment,

Honestly I don't know how difficult it would be to do so please excuse my ignorance but I would have been super happy actually over the moon now to have just taken that 10% hit across the board and the bots were deactivated and I could take stock of the market change and re-adjust

Maybe I could just ran with no safety, at least I would have them coins now to allow hodl and get something back

Please guys if ye could even just respond if it's not possible to do so I can get a new strategy together and claw my way back :D :D

P.S

I love your software guys and I made a lot of profit in the last 3 months before this ETH bull, my fault for not banking it as I put it straight into play and that's why it's gone, so kodus guys it is a top drawer crypto trading solution !!

jcfloyd

Re: Mad hatter bot disables after stop loss

Postby jcfloyd » Wed May 09, 2018 6:47 pm

It's true that a "deactivate bot after Stop-loss", would be cool in MH ;)

glenn.white

Re: Mad hatter bot disables after stop loss

Postby glenn.white » Wed May 09, 2018 9:36 pm

I thoroughly support this. We have now developed > extremely < efficient MH designs that trade in a completely lossless way along an uptrend, but which stall on a trend reversal downwards. The stop loss as presently implemented is not an effective solution since MH then rebuys shortly afterward - and if the downtrend continues, ends up with a large number of lossy trades as it continues stopping out all down the dump - which can end up significantly reducing the ROI. For exactly this reason, I never use a stop loss - it is effectively redundant as it currently is. A permanent stop loss would mitigate this problem, and would be much more effective. That way we should, with good TA, be able to buy again when the price action bottoms out, and trade profitably again up the recovering trend-line. This differs a little from the idea of just leaving the bot running, but would be a lot more profitable. At the moment we do this by manually stopping or shorten the trade after a reversal, but it would be so much better if the bot could do this, especially in a 24x7 trading environment where you cannot be watching over the price action continuously. So, this idea gets 11/10 upvotes from me!

Return to “Feature Requests”