Basic Stop loss Safety

Submit your request for new features, such as new indicators, insurances, safeties, and new exchange support.
mjmokhtari.tehran

Basic Stop loss Safety

Postby mjmokhtari.tehran » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:24 am

I think one of the most important part of any platform like Haasbot is ability to Backtest strategies from beginner to improved ones. In order to do that I tested many configurations of my strategy in Trade-bots. My strategy have a basic stop loss feature (when market price goes bellow X% of last buy price) a sell signal should be triggered by Safety. I tried to write a Script Safety to include it in my bot. But then I found that Script Safeties can not be back tested in accordance to speed up Backtest process of Haasbot platform. Long story short I propose to Haas development team at least build a Basic Stop Loss Safety that works as basic stop loss definition. Also I know about stop-loss-dynamic-price but it is not working with last buy price.
Thanks.

mjmokhtari.tehran

Re: Basic Stop loss Safety

Postby mjmokhtari.tehran » Tue May 01, 2018 7:25 am

I was reading other posts in forum and find out that earlier versions of haabot had this feature but why they remove it?
I think they hit this problem: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=851#p3056
and they simply removed this safety instead of solving problem!
The solution is here:
You should design an Insurance that detects an stop loss is triggered (for example check bot position when indicators are sending buy signals and bot is sold) and blocks buy signals until original sell signals comes from indicators (I personally scripted that and does not work because of a bug that is fixing in next beta update! so it would work fine).
So, I propose to Haas developers to create a set of "Basic Stop Loss (BSL)" safety and "Block Buy After BSL Until Sell" insurance which could work together.
Thanks

Return to “Feature Requests”