This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Why is the tradebot paying taker's fees on BitMex when set to Market Making Order?

General Discussion about Haasbot's Trade Server Bot. (All)
atheistftwins

Why is the tradebot paying taker's fees on BitMex when set to Market Making Order?

Postby atheistftwins » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:50 am

I'm a newbie and testing a basic trading bot just to understand how the software works. I want to make sure to never pay the taker's fee on BitMex and so I set a tradebot (with the blind indicator) to have "Market Making Order" on both Enter and Exit positions. Despite this, I still pay fees on BitMex when I test the bot. I have tried "Be first order" and "Place on first order" and neither helps.

Occasionally, I will get maker's fees but it seems random. Most of the time it seems like I'm still paying the taker's fees. Can anyone explain why this would happen and if there's any "post only" setting available for the tradebot on BitMex? Thanks!

Peter

Re: Why is the tradebot paying taker's fees on BitMex when set to Market Making Order?

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:33 am

Bump, I feel like this is an important and easy to add feature if no "participate do not initiate" option is available. With this option Bitmex automatically rejects the order if it would execute against the market.

Return to “Trade Bot Discussion”