This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Totally confused

General discussion about Haasbot's Order Bot. (Beginner)
jleonelion

Totally confused

Postby jleonelion » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:49 pm

I figured the orderbot was the most straightforward bot and decided to paper trade a setup last night. The results have me completely confused and questioning all understanding I though I had. It would be a huge help if somebody could check the below info and explain what might have happened.

I am paper trading BTC/USD on GDAX exchange. Last night I enabled an Orderbot with the following rules:
  1. If price greater than 9985 then buy 1 limit @ 9980
  2. If order 1 is filled, place sell 1 limit @ 10,179.6
  3. If order 1 is filled, and price goes below 9780.5, sell 1.4 limit @ 9780.4
  4. If order 3 is filled, place buy 0.4 limit 9281.4

The first order was filled shortly after I activated the bot - understandable, as the price was fluctuating around that level last night Pacific Timezone). Then around 11pm PT the Marketview chart shows no price changes or volume. Price is totally flat at 10,046.78 from 20:59 until 0:15.

I looked at the chart on GDAX.com and also see a gap of data between 9pm and 12am so I know it's not just me.

Needless to say, the Trade logbook for my Orderbot recorded a sell of 1.26 at price of 9780.4 at 00:42 PT.

Can anybody explain why there is no price or volume activity between 20:59 and 0:15 from last night?
I am seeing no price/volume in Marketview since 0:50 (but I do see trading information on GDAX.com).

It seems like a stretch to believe my orderbot caused this kind of data glitch, but it's the first time I have seen this behavior and it is the first time on ran a bot so...?

asseral

Re: Totally confused

Postby asseral » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:10 pm

Could it have to do with the maintanance on Gdax? Is it your timezone?

https://status.gdax.com/incidents/g47b2svkt0jg

Regards

jleonelion

Postby jleonelion » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 pm

That would explain the gap between 20:59 and 0:15.

Would an event like this require I restart HTS on my own machine?

When I look at the Marketview chart, it is still showing no price or volume data since 1:00 this morning (regardless of the chart's time period).

jleonelion

Postby jleonelion » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 pm

I restarted HTS by changing the port number and that has cleared up the issue with data missing from Marketview charts. (If there is a better way to restart that service, please let me know)

I guess it was just a bad coincidence that the first time I decided to run a bot happened to be when the exchange was doing maintenance.

Return to “Order Bot Discussion”