This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

"Buy and Hold" Report in Performance Analyzer

Submit your suggestions on how to make our software even better.
samwere

"Buy and Hold" Report in Performance Analyzer

Postby samwere » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 pm

I really like the new Bot Performance Analyzer. To make it even more valuable i have a suggestion for a small and simple addition.

To better measure and tune our strategies it would be nice to compare the bots profit with the price development of the choosen pair. For example 50% profit sounds great on the first view. But it doesn´t mean much if maybe the price has increased by 100% in the same time. So we need to compare our result with what would have been if we would had just bought and hold the coin.

My suggestion is to show in addition to our existing loss or profit in the revenue tab a value calculated from the difference between the first trade and the last trade, wich would be the theoretical "buy and hold" profit.

I think this addition would help a lot to measure the real performance of our strategies.

A screenshot (with translations) how tradingview is making this in their strategy tester:
tradingview.com_chart_V96eeaPS.jpg
tradingview.com_chart_V96eeaPS.jpg (21.61 KiB) Viewed 2500 times

Bunka

Re: "Buy and Hold" Report in Performance Analyzer

Postby Bunka » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:07 pm

Give you an HIGH FIVE on that.

Return to “Suggestions”