This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Trade Only Sideways/Trending sensitivity

Submit your suggestions on how to make our software even better.
Trade

Trade Only Sideways/Trending sensitivity

Postby Trade » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:18 pm

It would be nice if we could have some type of adjustment/sensitivity Parameter to control the Trade Only Sideways and Trade Only Trending Insurances.

Thanks you

stephan
Administrator

Re: Trade Only Sideways/Trending sensitivity

Postby stephan » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Phoe, this is a very good question... i am not directly sure how i can make it adjustable.

On the background these insurances have a SMA and RSI. They are read and this is how the determination of sideways or trending is made up.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Trade

Postby Trade » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:17 am

Maybe if the Parameters for Insurance Trade Only Trending/Sideways allowed us to configure the SMA and RSI variables?

Thanks!

kobalt

Postby kobalt » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:28 pm

stephan wrote:Phoe, this is a very good question... i am not directly sure how i can make it adjustable.

On the background these insurances have a SMA and RSI. They are read and this is how the determination of sideways or trending is made up.

I spent the good 45 minutes writing an entertaining post but will now keep it to the basics and not forget to save drafts (still love to learn new things ;)

Stephan can you please expand on this ?

When is a market considered Trending vs Sideways and is it on a pair by pair basis or possibly the market as a whole like a sudden bearish market due to BTC price change?

At what values on RSI, SMA does sideways become trending? Is this in a pump and dump scenario or more common a pair breaking out after a period of very little volatility or accumulation?

It would be very good to know and perhaps set it as a dashboard indicator and alarm for sideways bots like scalpers (cost efficient, but slow, like a Prius) That do not have: A: RED Ferrari for the Sold position or B: GREEN Lambo for the Bought position ready to get the best results in these new conditions...

Return to “Suggestions”