Comment To: MOD[Kob] HB 3.0: Ichimoku, MACD, VolumeRSI , CCI. Added SAR + Short Side Stop Loss

Kobalt
Basic
Up
Down
::

Hey nice job there man..

Just wanted to chime in my 2 satoshi’s your statement “There is no way to predict upside potential. Hence shorting is inherently more dangerous than longing and should not be done without a stop loss and a cooldown period.”
Besides that in a predominant bull market all shorts seem risky:
Are you looking at this from a USDT (Linear) Features perspective? here I agree the stable funds as margin and opening a long position is cheaper on USDT and here both directions compliment well in a hedge.

On COIN marginated Inverse Perpetual trade contracts backed by coin it is the inverse or total opposite.. As a rule I try not to have long positions there (a hedge perhaps but still might find other ways to deal with things. Because if it goes against you your position is losing in negative uPNL and your maintenance margin requirements get a squeeze too
when your leveraged BTC, ETH etc together with your positions increasing requirements while your account equity is decreasing because your collateral coin is dropping in value.
How I got rekt a few too many times in bear market not getting this little mechanism..

On the other hand shorts are relatively low risk, because when you’re wrong on an inverse Short the value of your account goes up, really should be manageable with position sizing and starting small.. Got to get back to my short script was ‘doodling’ a bit and now it trades 5x the amounts 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Kobalt.

Unlock your crypto trading potential

Create a free account and enjoy everything we have to offer.

Join for Free