MOD[Kob] HB 3.0: Ichimoku, MACD, VolumeRSI , CCI. Added SAR + Short Side Stop Loss

3 1058 Views 8 Comments 3 years ago
  • I have modded the amazing KOB sideways trend script. The mods are the following.

-SAR This seems to weight in better directional trend yet I am not 100% sure of its efficacy.
    – Trailing stop loss when short with cooldown period

. The idea here is that if you trade bellow 1x on futures by either using isolated lev or manually making use of an excell sheet to calculate your effective lev when on cross. There is no point in setting a stop loss from when the bot goes long.

The idea is simple. Given enough time let it be 10days or 3 years the price will go up, If you are trading bellow 1x the potential pull back is fully predictable and unreachable. However, the same cannot be said in the common event of a shor squeeze wherein a stop loss and a cool down period could very well save equity. There is no way to predict upside potential. Hence shorting is inherently more dangerous than longing and should not be done without a stop loss and a cooldown period.

HaasScript Code
    Sign in or Register to download for free
      TooT
      Basic
      Up
      Down
      ::

Thank you for your effort . .

Gave me an error:
      3. 28 Jun 2021 22:59:43 Something went wrong saving the script

ratimbum
      Basic
      Up
      Down

Try changing the name of the script. Sometimes too similar names make it that you cant save the script. I have it under ICHI SAR

TooT
      Basic
      Up
      Down

You r right. its working now

Thanx

Kobalt
      Basic
      Up
      Down

Hey nice job there man..

Just wanted to chime in my 2 satoshi’s your statement “There is no way to predict upside potential. Hence shorting is inherently more dangerous than longing and should not be done without a stop loss and a cooldown period.”
      Besides that in a predominant bull market all shorts seem risky:
      Are you looking at this from a USDT (Linear) Features perspective? here I agree the stable funds as margin and opening a long position is cheaper on USDT and here both directions compliment well in a hedge.

On COIN marginated Inverse Perpetual trade contracts backed by coin it is the inverse or total opposite.. As a rule I try not to have long positions there (a hedge perhaps but still might find other ways to deal with things. Because if it goes against you your position is losing in negative uPNL and your maintenance margin requirements get a squeeze too
      when your leveraged BTC, ETH etc together with your positions increasing requirements while your account equity is decreasing because your collateral coin is dropping in value.
      How I got rekt a few too many times in bear market not getting this little mechanism..

On the other hand shorts are relatively low risk, because when you’re wrong on an inverse Short the value of your account goes up, really should be manageable with position sizing and starting small.. Got to get back to my short script was ‘doodling’ a bit and now it trades 5x the amounts 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Kobalt.
      ratimbum
      Basic
      Up
      Down

Hey Mate 🙂

Yes I meant it in a strictly USDT situation. If you long a coin at a price of 10 dollars you can plan around it going to 0 and be absolutely certain of you risk level. However, when you short USDT you dont have any idea of the real @top@ hahaha

On coin-margined that is different. Still largely unpredictable if you want to get to absolute values but definitly work aroundable haha

Maintenace margin is an annoying mechanism to account for…. I have only now fully realized what that mechanism trully implies when using leverage. Rekt is part of the game hahah

Kobalt
        Basic
        Up
        Down

Yeah it’s been part of it VERY HAPPY to have managed to avoid REKTS (without stops), I like how you approach that long, indeed 0 is the way to calculate max risk 🙂

I have also thought …. [kob remembers…(and yesterday saw my whale sniper confirm the idea is solid
        A whale bought 900k of ONE/USDT on spot and sold/opened a 99k short on Binance-Futures for ONE/USDT (nifty as I was not happy to enter, this way solves all risk /doubt)
        That short he will likely add to average when uptrend is finished and he sold part of his spot position…
        about When you have or are building a long position on Spot say a $5000 amount in USDT of.coin open a Short Bot for $100 at 50x and have your haasbot trade the next leverage bracket, this is ideal if you buy a falling coin with a grid or to hedge account, but that is less clear..
        key is to have sufficient balance so your bot might be allowed to spend max leverage bracket, and if you find it messed up a few averaging orders at some key levels it may fill and waiting is enough, definitely not perfect, a hedge that makes profit at a higher rate than this is dropping was one:
        In my early (very costly in the end) sessions on Deribit: market splash multiples of 1000 contracts I would when a small position reversed down in a relatively sideways market where you could use Bollinger Bands to see this immediately open 3x o4x the size on opposite direction.. This would catch up and surpass the losses the dropping position (left untouched)

When I’d notice that winning 4x size was exhausting and reversal eminent, close the big ‘Degen Splash Hedge’ for good profit.
        And like it makes sense add 3x the size to the now -400 ROI or so long position to get it close to its break even level in one quick order, might have added some here and there it was at a brief phase where I thought market orders were handy 😉

But it works unless you encounter a monster trend then you simply drop the initial recouped loser position.

I also tried the passive set maker orders for rebate or no orders at all to increase the loser, eventually it gets in range and if funding is favorable etc all things to ponder, re-think (for me)
        I’m gathering info, parts and am eager to do a new SMMB

Looking up the whale trade, it appears more sinister, first Whale (assuming it is one person as it is within minutes in sequence) buys large amounts to move and create momentum from traders following ‘gainers’. he ends up opening a digit bigger Short 🙂Whale at work

Kobalt
      Basic
      Up
      Down

Oh by the way those position containers attached to positionId do absolutely nothing…

And the price move I’m not sure the generic added keys do much too if not used elsewhere and was seeing the percentage price change did the opposite of what I intended them to do, so working on something for that too..

I already deleted around 500 scripts cleaning my library, this was without opening, it needs to be done so trim it fast and rough 😉
      But left some VE TradeBots to share here and there when its any good, as this here has many beginner assumptions, that are adjusted by now and try to correct things that were left unnoticed for too tong..

Happy trading!

IsaTTeN
      Basic
      Up
      Down

Good day.

Thanks for the mod.

I would like to ask you what pair you suggest for this bot and the configuration. I have been testing it with ETH/USDT and with the default settings, in 1 min intervals and the results are really good.

I know the results in backtesting are always better than live trading but the behaviour is really good.
      Thank you in advance

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by IsaTTeN.
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by IsaTTeN.
Login or Register to Comment

Unlock your crypto trading potential

Create a free account and enjoy everything we have to offer.

Join for Free