This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Installing HaasBot as server on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (EU) with Stretch LITE

General Discussion about Haasbot.
mikemikemike

Installing HaasBot as server on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (EU) with Stretch LITE

Postby mikemikemike » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Hello all!

I just bought a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (EU production) and went ahead and installed the non-GUI version of the Raspbian Stretch os called "LITE". Need to use the non GUI LITE version to not waste any resourcepower to a GUI OS and make the Bot run as fast as possible. Until my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B arrives from Amazon I am trying it out to get to know how it works with my older Raspberry Pi 1 Model B (EU Production).

I know that a Raspberry Pi may not be the best option but I want to save some energy instead of running a full PC with much more power consuming on 24/7 running it. I want to use the RPi3 as a server so I can access it via local network with my Mac or PC and don't have to have all my Macs/PCs running all the time. Since I got a lot of machines and am constantly switching between them, installing it on a RPi3 as a server is a must for me so I can easily access my Haasbot via Google Chrome.

I updated the OS, upgraded afterwards, installed mono, extracted the AllPlatforms zip file to a correctly mounted USBstick (volume name is "usbstick"), extracted the linux32.tar.gz file and did ran the script with:

Code: Select all

sh Haasbot.sh

I also tried it with

bash Haasbot.sh

which returns the same errors.
It sadly just returned lots of errors. Since it's a lot to type by hand I hope that I did not do any typing errors in the now following lines:

sh Haasbot.sh
rm/tmp/HTS.exe lock
dirname Haasbot.sh
cd .
pwd
DIR=/mnt/usbstick
EXE_PATH=/mnt/usbstick/bin/HTS.exe
PROCESS_NAME=appname
APPNAME=Haasbot
MONO_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/usr/lib/mono
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/usbstick:/usr/lib/mono//lib:/lib:/usr/lib
export PATH=/usr/lib/mono//bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
REQUIRED_MAJOR=4
REQUIRED_MINOR=2
VERSION_TITLE=Cannot launch Haasbot
VERSION_MSG=Haasbot requires the Mono Framework version 4.2 or later.
DOWNLOAD_URL=http://go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html
mono --version
grep Mono JIT compiler version
cut -f5 -d
MONO_VERSION=4.6.2
echo 4.6.2
cut -f1 -d.
MONO_VERSION_MAJOR=4
echo 4.6.2
cut -f2 -d.
MONO_VERSION_MINOR=6
[ -z 4.6.2 ]
[ 4 -lt 4 ]
[ 4 -eq 4 -a 6 -lt 2 ]
test x = x
TMPDIR=/tmp
LOG_FILE=/home/pi/Library/Logs/Haasbot/Haasbot.log
dirname /home/pi/Library/Logs/Haasbot/Haasbot.log
mkdir -p /home/pi/Library/Logs/Haasbot
mono-service /mnt/usbstick/bin/HTS.exe
[email protected]:/mnt/usbstick $

I have ordered the Pi3 because I have read from a staff member on these forums that it runs on all Linux systems in general, so I think there should be a fix or workaround somehow. Only if there is really no single way of running it on Raspbian Stretch LITE (no GUI!), I would need to use a different OS, maybe Raspbian Stretch FULL (with GUI) or even the Ubuntu Version for Raspberry Pi 3. But that would be some really dirty solutions speaking of performance with GUI systems on a Raspberry Pi.

Happy for every help I can get!

Thanks a lot! :D

PS: I also have seen the tutorial over there at https://wiki.haasonline.com/Linux_Installation now and tried it exactly according to the tutorial, but still the same results.

Edit: Done editing the post!
..,~+*\ - Get BTC - /*+~,..

Synthetic

Re: Installing HaasBot as server on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (EU) with Stretch LITE

Postby Synthetic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:17 am

You should check the log files in HTS/Logs/.

I've received similar messages, when starting up about "mono missing".

mikemikemike

Re: Installing HaasBot as server on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (EU) with Stretch LITE

Postby mikemikemike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:06 am

Synthetic wrote:You should check the log files in HTS/Logs/.

I've received similar messages, when starting up about "mono missing".

Okay, would like to but can't find the logs.
If I do cd on /mnt/usbstick I get:

BetaUpdate.sh   bin   Haasbot.sh   Readme   Update.sh

Tried it out:

[email protected]: /mnt/usbstick $ cd /HTS/Logs
-bash: cd: /HTS/Logs: No such file or directory

What do I need to do in order to cd into the folder where the logs are?
I can open logs with sudo nano, but that is all I know.

Edit: To make it more clear: I never got to really "run" Haasbot on my RPi. Is this why I can not find a log folder?!

Thanks a lot! :D

Synthetic

Postby Synthetic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Apologies, the HTS folder I'm talking about is under [user home]/HTS/Logs.

Also after trying to start HTS, wait a minute and the run

netstat -tnlp
to see if 127.0.0.1:8090 appears?

mikemikemike

Postby mikemikemike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Synthetic wrote:Apologies, the HTS folder I'm talking about is under [user home]/HTS/Logs.

Also after trying to start HTS, wait a minute and the run

netstat -tnlp
to see if 127.0.0.1:8090 appears?

Awesome thanks! Will try that out as soon as I finish my things here! :)
Edit: The folder is actually called "Log" not "Logs" and it is empty sadly.
Edit 2: netstat -tnlp returns:

tcp   0   0   127.0.0.1:8090   0.0.0.0:*   LISTEN   6624/mono

Edit 3: When I show my local IP with

sudo ip addr show
and try to access it from my Mac by typing in "http://192.168.1.129:6624/" or "http://192.168.1.129:8090" it can't find the site.
Btw: I use a network which is secured with it's own network server (one of those big ones), I don't know much about networking.
But I can access shared folders on my PC from my Mac too. It's a secured company staff only network, where other company members have access too. (No worries at all about the security of it!) But no idea how to config the Pi properly for it to be found locally for myself in the network via my browser and the local network ip from the Pi.

Synthetic

Postby Synthetic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:32 pm

You cannot access HTS by using the PC's ip address until you change the <HostingAdres> setting inside HTS/Settings/MainSettings.xml

Change the IP address to the computer that is running HTS
Example for you

<HostingAdres>127.0.0.1</HostingAdres>

to

<HostingAdres>192.168.1.129</HostingAdres>

mikemikemike

Postby mikemikemike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Synthetic wrote:You cannot access HTS by using the PC's ip address until you change the <HostingAdres> setting inside HTS/Settings/MainSettings.xml

Change the IP address to the computer that is running HTS
Example for you

<HostingAdres>127.0.0.1</HostingAdres>

to

<HostingAdres>192.168.1.129</HostingAdres>

Sadly that didn't do the trick.
Btw the .xml file didn't have any content at al. I also tried it with writing the word "Adres" as "Adress" but still no luck.

mikemikemike

Postby mikemikemike » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Also tried starting over (got my new RPi 3 now) with the latest Raspbian Stretch (all updated and upgraded properly),
but installing mono with the 2 commands

sudo apt-get install mono-complete

and

sudo apt-get install mono-xsp

returns different errors this time. MONO_VERSION is displayed at 4.6.2.
Will post a photo of it or typing all the lines edited in this post tonight I think (it's still the same amount of error lines, so a lot, but looks the same mostly. "cannot remove '/tmp/HTS.exe.lock': No such file or directory" etc.)

Any ideas how I can get rid of this error?

Thanks! :D

Edit: sorry for a bit of dirt on my monitor. Zoom in btw if you only see a small version. It's a freshly installed OS, no other things done with it. I created the "haasbot" (blue colored text) myself, wanted to move the zip file there and install the haasbot in there but for some reason I skipped that one and the "haasbot" folder is empty. the "haasbot-linux.zip" file is the linux haasbot I packed for my pi to download it directly there without having to download the complete package with the Mac and Windows version too. The other blue folder is "bin", was in the zip. Everything else should be readable just fine.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/YRNdQ

Return to “General Discussion”