This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Ubuntu 16 issues

General Discussion about Haasbot.
Synthetic

Ubuntu 16 issues

Postby Synthetic » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:07 pm

I've been struggling to get HTS to work correctly on Ubuntu 16 LTS. I tried every version of Mono from 4.0 to the latest beta. I could connect to the UI, but port 8092 kept failing. The best I got was everything working, but the web interface would reset every few seconds, but bots could trade.

My VPS package only includes Linux(black friday deal). After a month of pulling my hair out I decided to give up on Ubuntu 16 LTS and re-build the server with Ubuntu 14 LTS.

On Ubuntu 14 LTS I installed the latest Mono 5.4.1 and everything works perfectly, if you are having issues with Ubuntu 16, try 14 LTS.

nhannhan

Re: Ubuntu 16 issues

Postby nhannhan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:25 am

i'm using Cloud at Amazon Aws but i can not connect :(
Free $10 for new VPS at Vultr

RchGrav

Postby RchGrav » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:12 am

nhannhan wrote:i'm using Cloud at Amazon Aws but i can not connect :(
Synthetic wrote:I've been struggling to get HTS to work correctly on Ubuntu 16 LTS. I tried every version of Mono from 4.0 to the latest beta. I could connect to the UI, but port 8092 kept failing. The best I got was everything working, but the web interface would reset every few seconds, but bots could trade.

My VPS package only includes Linux(black friday deal). After a month of pulling my hair out I decided to give up on Ubuntu 16 LTS and re-build the server with Ubuntu 14 LTS.

On Ubuntu 14 LTS I installed the latest Mono 5.4.1 and everything works perfectly, if you are having issues with Ubuntu 16, try 14 LTS.

Hey guys.. it actually a really easy fix.. The 8092 port never happens because the default setting for HTS is attempting to launch a web browser on server startup.. unfortunately this is crashing your server before your websocket port 8092 is coming to life.. The XML file is in your HTS folder.. and the HTS folder doesn't appear until you fire up the bot at-least once. Oh and this "little" tidbit is literally at the very very tippy end of that haasbot on linux setup video.. you know. if you can muscle through the other 98% of stuff you already know...

Once you locate the ~/HTS/Settings/MainSettings.XML file, you just need to change the OpenInterfaceOnStartup setting from true to false.

;-) RchGrav

Synthetic

Postby Synthetic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:55 pm

RchGrav wrote:
nhannhan wrote:i'm using Cloud at Amazon Aws but i can not connect :(
Synthetic wrote:I've been struggling to get HTS to work correctly on Ubuntu 16 LTS. I tried every version of Mono from 4.0 to the latest beta. I could connect to the UI, but port 8092 kept failing. The best I got was everything working, but the web interface would reset every few seconds, but bots could trade.

Hey guys.. it actually a really easy fix.. The 8092 port never happens because the default setting for HTS is attempting to launch a web browser on server startup.. unfortunately this is crashing your server before your websocket port 8092 is coming to life.. The XML file is in your HTS folder.. and the HTS folder doesn't appear until you fire up the bot at-least once. Oh and this "little" tidbit is literally at the very very tippy end of that haasbot on linux setup video.. you know. if you can muscle through the other 98% of stuff you already know...

Once you locate the ~/HTS/Settings/MainSettings.XML file, you just need to change the OpenInterfaceOnStartup setting from true to false.

;-) RchGrav

Didnt work for me. I've tried every trick to get it to work.

Return to “General Discussion”