This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Haasonline Trading Bot | Amazon Cloud

General Discussion about Haasbot.
JamesBond

Re: Haasonline Trading Bot | Amazon Cloud

Postby JamesBond » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:05 pm

ratson wrote:2 questions I have
- can you host the server on WorkSpaces and reach it from external?
- is the reliability/speed higher than a VPS like Vultr?

Yes you access the workspaces with Remote Desktop software by Microsoft or Amazon Workspaces Software in the first post of this thread.

Very reliable 100% uptime. Speed around 600Mbps download / 300Mbps upload.

VPN Vultr has nothing to do with this unless you use VPN Vultr to connect to RDP while the Haas Software is running.

btcusd

Postby btcusd » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Awesome, thanks for the guidance!
I set up the workspace, everything looks good. The only thing I can't find is the
General Settings > How long should the auto-logout wait to kick in? set to 1000
Can you point me to the right direction?

JamesBond

Postby JamesBond » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 am

btcusd wrote:Awesome, thanks for the guidance!
I set up the workspace, everything looks good. The only thing I can't find is the
General Settings > How long should the auto-logout wait to kick in? set to 1000
Can you point me to the right direction?

Settings > Settings > General > 4th line from the very top of the menu on your right.

btcusd

Postby btcusd » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Thanks, I was looking for it on amazon... :shock:

JamesBond

Postby JamesBond » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:26 pm

btcusd wrote:Thanks, I was looking for it on amazon... :shock:

It's inside haas software, not on Amazon.

Snuddles

Postby Snuddles » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Nice post JamesBond :)

I am currently trying to setup an AWS but so many options it's a bit confusing for me. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?

a) I chose US East, hope that is fine?

b) When I try to press "launch workspace" it wants me to create a directory. I thought I read you skipped this part when helping another guy setting it up. I tried bypassing it and now it suggests corp.amazonworkspaces.com and when I click next it shows 6 different users with names like "corp.amazonworkspaces.com\Administrator" and "corp.amazonworkspaces.com\AWS_WorkSpaces". No idea what to do here. If I instead click "Create new directory" I can create "Microsoft AD" or "Simple AD". Not really sure what to do in this section, advice?

c) I had a workstation pending under the tab "workspace". But now it is gone. hmm! I thought after 20 min it would say "active" instead of "pending", and not just disappear!

Snuddles

Postby Snuddles » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:31 am

Anyone with experience in setting up Amazon Workspace who can give a few tips on how to get started?

sundog

Postby sundog » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:24 am

Any possibility you could be more explicit about your VPN suggestion?

You're suggesting using a VPN on your local machine to connect to WHERE? A city closer to the AWS data center? Is there a specific VPN service or server you're recommending?

I'm using a Macbook running the AWS Workspaces client and I'd love to see some improvement in performance but I typically se SLOWER service on my home connection when I route ANYTHING through a VPN.

Thanks for the tips on this. It beats running Windows in emulation. I got the impressions the Mac client running through Mono might NOT be up to the same feature level as the Windows version. If anyone thinks that's false please advise.

JamesBond wrote:
stephan wrote:Exactly. If anyone is experiencing a slow Cloud response time, this is due to your shared public internet connection. This problem can be solved by running a VPN with any public VPN provider to smoothen out internet connection. The Cloud response time during a Remote Session connection will be unbelievable.

Computer > INTERNET > VPN > INTERNET > Amazon Cloud = PROFIT! :lol:

TheLizard

Postby TheLizard » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:07 pm

I run mine the same way and I 100% agree with you, this is the only way to go. My fear and what made me look at AWS was the availibility. I have about 400K in crypto to be managed by the bots and couldn't stand the idea of my 'home' internet going off line or my workstation turning off because of a power issue or something like that. The AWS is the perfect answer to these concerns. $78 a month might seem like a lot but miss a trade because of a computer or connection issue and you miss a five figure trade, you'll wish you could buy it back for $78.

Big-B

Re: Haasonline Trading Bot in the Cloud

Postby Big-B » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:04 pm

JamesBond wrote:
EdwardLThompson wrote:Add me on Hangouts and I will do a screen share. [email protected]

Just to update the thread. We jumped on Team-viewer, bypassed directory selection and it's being setup. It takes 20 minutes to go live after you accept all settings, input username, email, name, etc.

Hello
I am trying to get this to work too. I can't seem to skip this step. So you can open a workspace without making a Directory?

Return to “General Discussion”