This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Haasbot to slowly build up or wind down position?

General Discussion about Haasbot.
cryptopp

Haasbot to slowly build up or wind down position?

Postby cryptopp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:10 am

Hi,

The examples I have seen so far in the videos are about triggering a trade when a market condition has been met.

Can I have the Haasbot trade bot trigger orders based on time? I.E. I want to have it fire orders at more or less regular intervals (preferably with intervals also amount randomized to some extent to conceal the fact it's a bot) to slowly build up a position using small amounts every minute or every few minutes.

I still would like to combine it with conditions (i.e. do not sell or buy under or above a certain price).

Thanks in advance for the help!

stephan
Administrator

Re: Haasbot to slowly build up or wind down position?

Postby stephan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Well the proper way to do this is with advanced order types, like for example an iceberg order. Most exchanges do not support them so its an little bit hard to do this. But... starting version 3 we have support for custom order templates. We have designed our own ordering template which can be used on all the exchanges we support. So the limits are gone and you are in full control.

This is an screenshot of what i call an "25% market order".
25marketorder.png
25marketorder.png (99.57 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

cryptopp

Postby cryptopp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Still two questions though:

1. Version 3 is the version available at the moment? I see an announcement of the launch in the forum viewtopic.php?f=6&t=969 but the version number is not really apparent from the rest of the website.
  2. My plan was to dollar-average into a certain position (or out of a position) over a longer period of time, comparable to the strategy described here : http://ryepdx.com/2016/01/my-ethereum-c ... ol-system/ So I would like the system to generate for me hundreds or thousands of orders, selling or buying every minute a relatively tiny amount. If I understand correctly, the way it works now, is that still every individual order is entered manually. So in my case, if I wanted to sell off or buy into a position, I would need to enter 10000 orders for every 0.01 % of the order (assuming that my steps would be in 1/10000 of the total position), thereby entering a delay of 1 minute?

Best regards,

P

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:54 pm

Yes version 3 is directly available.

The initial development on version 3 has started back in 2015 and its was finished on the end of 2015. So it took over an year to develop, after this in Januari 2016 we have made it available on our forum as an beta version. Ever sinds we are looking how stable it is on all the different kind of computers. Today, after almost 3 months the software has become very stable and we are making preparations to launch it.

The preparations itself include writing new documentation because we expanded the software an lot. But we are documenting afterwards because of the way how we developed this. Version 3 was designed and send to professional users to first comment upon it. As an result we had an lot of useful feedback and we incooperated this directly inside the software.

About your second question... i am sorry but i am not able to answer this directly. I would like to study this strategy an little to really understand what this is about. There are many strategies and this software can handle an lot of them. But to be fair, the software can handle more strategies then i am aware of. I think this will be one of them, but i want to confirm this first. - I will get back on this one.

Update:
The following strategy will make it possible to render an sell signal each minute;

Trade-bot
- Safety: Force bot to Bought/Long
- Trading indicator: Blind

At the next update (i think tomorrow) it will become possible to use an "Timed Blind" indicator, this will introduce the time element to it and then we offer this build-up or wind-down functionality.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

startnow

Postby startnow » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:46 pm

"Timed Blind" indicator

I don't understand how to set it to use tiny amounts (from a total amount) to buy each minute (as cryptopp explained) without using order templates.

startnow

Postby startnow » Wed May 04, 2016 7:08 am

Would you please explain?

Quintus
Administrator

Postby Quintus » Wed May 04, 2016 12:27 pm

The timed indicator produces a buy or sell signal every x minutes. Let say its set on 30 minutes. On 14:00 it will create a buy signal, on 14.30 it will create a sell signal. A blind indicator does the same, but every minute. Buy, sell, buy, sell and so on...

For your wished I would setup the following:
Blind indicator.
Force bot to bought safety.

What does it do?
- Every other minute their is a sell signal produced.
- Once the sell is complete the bot will switch to sold, but with the safety its set back to bought position.

This cycle will repeat untill you dont have enough coin in your wallet. You could combinate the "Deactivate after x trades" safety to limit the amount you trade in total.

Unfortunately this will not let you buy/sell every minute, but every 2 minutes.

- Quintus

startnow

Postby startnow » Mon May 09, 2016 10:36 am

If I understand correct: The "Force bot to bought safety" uses the allowed trade amount again and again until the wallet is empty. Is this correct? So in other words: It kind of overwrites the maximum trade amount.

But what if I want to create a bot that has a maximum trade amount that can NOT be overwritten? This bot should be able to buy e.g. 1% of the maximum trade amount each trade. Also this bot sells these 1% parts if sell signals appear. It's not possible, right? The order template idea where I have to setup 10 steps by hand is way to simple I think. A bot should be able to split it's maximum trade amount in hundreds of pieces. Example: A bot has 10 BTC and the user sets 1%. Then the bot would work in a way that it handles 100 pieces with 0,1 BTC each. In other words: It would act like 100 bots with 0,1 BTC. Then you can advertise: Playing time is over.... But at the moment everything in haasbot is way to simple and in most parts way to complicated to setup for simple tasks.

Return to “General Discussion”