This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Introducing Intelli-Bot Alice

General discussion about Haasbot's Intelli-Bot series.
kissubaby

Re: Introducing Intelli-Bot Alice

Postby kissubaby » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:18 pm

does Intelli-Bot Alice works well with futures likes OKCoin weekly and biweekly futures?
Thanks

RustyR
Administrator

Postby RustyR » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:33 am

Hi,
I haven't tried Alice with Futures so I'm not sure how it will perform, but I would have it a guess that Chelsea is better suited for margin trading, but again I haven't used them for margin trading so I can't really comment on the outcomes.

Maybe someone else has tried these bots for margin trading?

-RustyR

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:45 am

Yes, i can confirm Alice is operational and good enough to run at OKCoin leverage.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

ehsan

Postby ehsan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Testing her on OKCoinCN...

WinTame

Postby WinTame » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:43 am

How can I set up custom fee for Alice? I trade on Bitstamp, and there is dynamic fee based on the trade volume. It starts from 0.25%.

EclecticDilettante

Postby EclecticDilettante » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:26 am

WinTame wrote:How can I set up custom fee for Alice? I trade on Bitstamp, and there is dynamic fee based on the trade volume. It starts from 0.25%.

I noticed that the fee on Alice for Stamp is not set at 0.25% but it is set at 0.2%

WinTame

Postby WinTame » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:42 am

EclecticDilettante wrote:
WinTame wrote:How can I set up custom fee for Alice? I trade on Bitstamp, and there is dynamic fee based on the trade volume. It starts from 0.25%.

I noticed that the fee on Alice for Stamp is not set at 0.25% but it is set at 0.2%

That's what I'm talking about. Assuming the fee is 0.2%, Alice trading to loss.

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:36 am

WinTame wrote:
EclecticDilettante wrote:

That's what I'm talking about. Assuming the fee is 0.2%, Alice trading to loss.

Fully confirmed, at least as far as i can tell..... :D

Alice is what we call a statistical bot. She is not looking to your last buy or sell prices, she is looking to the price trend to see if a known pattern is showing up. If she sees the pattern then she will generate her trading signal.

Call this TA trading at the next level..... When you start trading then its just scary, so we as humans try to make sure we will not make losses. We do this by adding in securities (or insurances). In general this works good, but when you go on with this then you will see/learn that keeping a record of the last prices will hold you back. You are creating a hard limitation inside a bot to force it to be profitable. Nice, however during trading there is a balance of risk/profits at work. With this you have lowered our risks and therefore the profits as well. Alice is smart enough to let this go, this is why she performs better then the scalper and the pingpong. She is just using the price trend in her advantage.

The direct result of this is that Alice is trading with 0.2-0.25% profits in average. So the best thing you can do is select a exchange with 0.2% fee or less and then Alice will run very good.

This is the overview which is written down in my mind, maybe it helps....
- She does about 0.2-0.25% profits
- At spot, at 0.2% fee she gives about 0 up to 0.05% profits
- At leverage, at 0.03% fee she gives about 0.2% profits multiplied by the leverage making it 2% at x10 or 4% at x20.

WinTame

Postby WinTame » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:58 pm

stephan wrote:The direct result of this is that Alice is trading with 0.2-0.25% profits in average. So the best thing you can do is select a exchange with 0.2% fee or less and then Alice will run very good.

This way Alice is useless on exchanges with fee 0.25%, like Bitstamp :( And barely useful with even 0.2%. Too bad...

stephan wrote:This is the overview which is written down in my mind, maybe it helps....
- She does about 0.2-0.25% profits
- At spot, at 0.2% fee she gives about 0 up to 0.05% profits
- At leverage, at 0.03% fee she gives about 0.2% profits multiplied by the leverage making it 2% at x10 or 4% at x20.

So Alice can be used on futures market, am I correct?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Yes you can indeed setup Alice to trade at the future markets. The profits will be multiplied by the leverage you have chosen and that is how you can get the most out of her. :)

Small tip... try to position things in the right place, ask yourself questions like what do you know for sure.... Alice is a statistical bot, so it uses statistics to make trading decisions. If we look to the recent market movements you can see it has become trending. This is rare, sure Alice has seen trending markets and she knows how to handle it, but for 95% of the time she sees sideways markets. So its not so strange your backtests of Alice might look a little bad right now. With the 5% she knows about trending markets she is trying to make the best out of it. When the market get sideways again her performance will improve again because that the type of situation she know the most about.

I hope this helps, there is so much dynamics at work that its all pretty complex to explain what is happening. I can see these dynamics, so its easy for me to understand this situation. But explaining it... oh men... i can only hope this makes sense.

Return to “Intelli-Bot Discussion”