Alice: Best Friend and Worst Enemy

General discussion about Haasbot's Intelli-Bot series.
hmallen

Alice: Best Friend and Worst Enemy

Postby hmallen » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:45 am

Not enough discussion here, so I thought I'd contribute. I love Alice, and I hate Alice.

Alice is designed for BTC/CNY (originally) and BTC/USD (later) markets. I do not use her for that purpose. After some simulated account testing with a bunch of different markets and pairs, I finally opened up my GDAX live account to Alice on the LTC/USD exchange. She's done fantastically well.

Alice #1
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 1.36.00 AM.png

Alice #2
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 1.36.04 AM.png

Here's the problem...I'm running Alice #4 right now, because the others "got stuck" waiting for a "never sell cheaper" and "overcome double fees" to be satisfied, or something like it, if I had to guess. She doesn't bail on a position nearly fast enough, so I sold my other positions manually to take advantage of the new price channel that formed about $10 lower. And I know what you're thinking, Alice is designed for BTC markets. Well look at the results I had with her over the exact same time frame on GDAX BTC/USD. Terrible.
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 1.39.38 AM.png

I don't know exactly how Alice handles this exact price situation (and Stephan says he doesn't either), but I really think if she had a dynamic stop-loss with a tighter time interval, she would shine even more. Not even sure how feasible this is. My two cents.

r4stl1n

Re: Alice: Best Friend and Worst Enemy

Postby r4stl1n » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks for this awesome post! I have not considered running alice on the LTC pairs on gdax.. But i might have to give it ago. How much backtesting was done before you let her loose?

hmallen

Re: Alice: Best Friend and Worst Enemy

Postby hmallen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 pm

No back testing at all. I did let some bots on simulated accounts run for about a week and decided to start her up with 10 LTC. Been going great except when the price level drops 10 or so dollars... Not enough for her to bail, so she waits for rebound. I've found she does eventually sell, but losses are heavy by that point. Either way, definitely still running Alice on GDAX with LTCUSD. I also noticed last night that the info message for Alice mentions her working on ETH too, so I set one up trading 0.5 ETH. Looks good so far, but less activity than with the LTCUSD Alice.

As far as trade activity goes:
LTC > ETH > BTC

Return to “Intelli-Bot Discussion”