Can Alice trade ETHUSD on margin on Bitfinex?

General discussion about Haasbot's Intelli-Bot series.
ETHTraderKZ

Can Alice trade ETHUSD on margin on Bitfinex?

Postby ETHTraderKZ » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:27 pm

I've read that it's only built to trade CNY and USDs. Can it do ETHUSD?

stephan
Administrator

Re: Can Alice trade ETHUSD on margin on Bitfinex?

Postby stephan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:38 pm

She can work on different market, but her statistics and analysis are based on data coming from BTC and CNY prices.

ETHTraderKZ

Postby ETHTraderKZ » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:34 am

I can't seem top set up ANY bot. With Alice, for example, I am always having this message in the logbook:

Skipping update, your wallet says you have 0,0 while you require 1,0 to trade.

I'm guessing this is the reason that her backtest shows 0 trades? I have my collateral in the margin wallet in ETH. How do I set it up properly? I tried different options in the Alice setting, none of them gave me anything good.

Please help.

Scaler bot is showing some ridiculous gains and losses from the backtest (some long number with e+5 or so), which is impossible in a week with the amount I trade with. Are there any good videos or guides that show how to properly set up intellibots? Also, can I make Alice trade on Margin?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 pm

When you see the line:

Code: Select all

Skipping update, your wallet says you have 0,0 while you require 1,0 to trade.

Then only 2 things could be wrong. It might be possible the bot is not looking to the right side of the wallet or there is no wallet data. The first thing can be fixed/checked by changing the bot its position and hitting Save.

The second option is more complex. The best way to go abut this is to check your wallet data inside the haasbot. You can open up a window for this using the icons displayed on the upper right corner. If your wallet is showing up properly then everything is alright, if you wallet suddenly lists empty then the API of the exchange might be offline for a moment.

BTW Alice was made for the Spot markets, not directly for margin or leverage trading. But it is supported.

EclecticDilettante

Postby EclecticDilettante » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 am

If you are setting it up for first time choose No Position for coin. Also as Stephan said, Alice is more for spot trading. I had more success with spot than with margin.

ETHTraderKZ

Postby ETHTraderKZ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks, folks!

Return to “Intelli-Bot Discussion”