This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Buy / Sellprice are the same

General discussion about Haasbot's FlashCrash Bot. (Advanced)
AlBoKa

Buy / Sellprice are the same

Postby AlBoKa » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Does it make sense that the bot set the buy and sell price at the same level? Its just feeding the exchange with fees. What can i do to prevent that?

greez
Attachments
Unbenannt.JPG

stephan
Administrator

Re: Buy / Sellprice are the same

Postby stephan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:38 am

This is normal, i shall explain...

The flashcrashbot works with a trading grid, this grid exists out of several limit buy and sell orders. When you start the bot then a base price is set, based on this price the bot will add sell orders above the price and buy orders below the price.

Over time the price is moving and the limit orders get filled. In case the price is dropping then its to be expected a buying order get filled. If this buying order is filled then a new base price is set and the bot will restore the trading grid. Because the price has dropped the bot will replace the buying order with a selling order at the same price.

So, it is true that this bot can buy for price X and also sell for price X.

What happens exactly depends on the price trend of course. This movement will have a direct impact to which orders are filled. If the price is moving just slowly then the effect of keeping on buying and selling for the same price might happen. But that should be rare too because prices should always move more.

It now looks like this bot is doing a bad job, but it just need some more time and a nice sideways price trend. If you leave this running then i think you will be fine. If not then it might be a idea to lower the price spread (now set at 0.5%) just a little bit.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

AlBoKa

Postby AlBoKa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:18 pm

ok i understand.

you can add a second spread %line that allows the user to adjust this "problem". Its simple:

The bot check the trade logbook for the last prices. If the bot want to sell and it find the same price in the logbook then the bot simply add the % that the user was written in the new textfield.

sorry for my rly rly bad english :? I will it explain with numbers:

the bot normaly has 0,2% spread and a "doubleprice spread" 0,1%
the bot use all the time the 0,2%
If the bot will buy for 0.5btc and find a sell order in the logbook that also was 0.5btc he add 0,1%.

u also can add a 24h timer to reset the last prices. that prevent that the bot after a long time cant do anything because all prices are still used :D

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:46 pm

I understand your suggestion, but its not really a problem, this is by design.

Let me grap a small picture to show how this trading grid principle works, because i think this will help a lot.
EURUSDH1_Grid-Trading-Range_White-768x424.png

As you can see we indeed use the same buy and sell prices but the profit calculation is done differently.

Nevertheless, you are right because sometimes buying and selling could go to quickly. This is why we added the refill delay, if you set this to 1 or 2 then you will see it behaves differently.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

AlBoKa

Postby AlBoKa » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Thx :)

Return to “FlashCrash Bot Discussion”