General information

General discussion about Haasbot's PingPong Bot. (Beginner)
stephan
Administrator

General information

Postby stephan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:02 pm

---------------------------------------
THIS TOPIC IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, IT STILL MAY CONTAIN WRONG INFORMATION.
---------------------------------------

PingPong-bot

Properties
Level: Beginner
Risk: Low
Profits: Low to Normal

Trade-amount: 0.5-1.0 BTC

Exchanges: Spot, Margin and Leverage
Price markets: All
Price trend: Sideways
Price spread: Small

Trading fee dependency: Normal

Trading algorithm
There are several ways to implement an pingpong trading algorithm and they all work on there own way. Still the principle is the same each time; to do pingpong trading. But there are differences how this can be worked out.

We have setup an dynamic high/low trading indicator inside our pingping bot. The dynamic high/low sets the buy and sell prices each X minutes and use that for trading. This makes this bot very durable and it will keep going whatever type of price trend it encounters.

Its not totally impossible to see some small losses. While the price gets adjusted it might need to adjust to an new price level. To do this this bot needs to sell or buy slightly less profitable to keep it up. These events are rare.

This bot type can be blocked because of 1 thing. If the buy price and selling price do not overcome the fee costs then this bot will block itself to prevent losses. We believe its better to halt trading for an moment and to wait till profits are showing up again. This blocking is also incoperated inside the backtest if its detected.

Logical Schema
schema_pingpong.png

Screenshots
PingPong.png

Overall advice
Here in the Netherlands we have a saying which says "never bet on 1 horse alone", translated it means you must spread your options. If you have 2 pingpong-bots to activate then activate them both on different price markets. If you do this properly then you are doing "risk management" and then you are evolving toward an full "trading strategy". Aka you are making your first steps to become a professional.

Pushing it
The pingpong-bots are made to be easy, you do not have to setup much to be profitable from them. But there will come an point where you will ask yourself how you can make this even better. This is the moment where the trade-bots come into action. Trade-bots can be setup to become pingpong-bots too, its all a matter of adding the logic to them and then you can expand your capabilities and trading capacity. We highly recommend if you are good with the pingpong-bots to begin exploring the trade-bots because if you make this next step then limits will fade away, this will be a big step into becoming an professional trader.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Sam

Re: General information

Postby Sam » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:22 pm

hi im trying to setup a pingpong bot but get this error??
13/08/2016 14:14:20 Settings of 13/08/2016 13:14:00 disapproved because it does not surpasses the fee percentage (-0.1998001998001998001998002)

I have tried altering the trade amount slightly but to no effect??

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Yes this is normal to see happening. The pingpong bot tries to find a buy and sell price and set those as targets. But in the event the buy and sell price difference does not surpass the fee percentage then this bot might trade as a loss. This would not be acceptable of course, so if this event is happening then the bot will stop working adn we see this message.

Over time the prices will change and new high and low prices will be found again. If those surpass the fee again then this bot will continue its trading again.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

MinerMike

Postby MinerMike » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:36 am

I am curious about the "different price markets"... do you have recommendations? A quick backtest for both ETH and BTC when I tested them turned up both negative for the past day. I am thinking I caught them at a bad time, however. :) If there are different markets you had in mind it would be great to know.

JamesBond

Postby JamesBond » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:25 pm

MinerMike wrote:I am curious about the "different price markets"... do you have recommendations? A quick backtest for both ETH and BTC when I tested them turned up both negative for the past day. I am thinking I caught them at a bad time, however. :) If there are different markets you had in mind it would be great to know.

Don't pick two different markets to trade against themselves.

ETH and BTC have their own markets. Pick BTC market with coins trading in BTC or ETH market with coins trading in ETH.

Return to “PingPong Bot Discussion”