This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Scalper has sold but it's waiting for the price to come up to buy

General discussion about Haasbot's Scalper Bot. (Beginner)
cryptok

Scalper has sold but it's waiting for the price to come up to buy

Postby cryptok » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:48 am

Hi Guys

Any advise and help will be greatly appreciated and I will contribute back into this forum once I can help,

I have setup multiply scalpers on different currency pairs for example I have one scalper setup on MTL/ETH

If was working excellent but at the moment it sold the coins on the 19th of Jan ( 3 days ago ) so its waiting to buy again but now it says,

Price change now: -25.227% (last sell price was 0.0044), It seems it's waiting for the price to increase 25 % before it buys again

I can manually get it to start scalping again by clearing the logs and starting at the lower price but I would like to do it automatically

Any help would be great thanks

stephan
Administrator

Re: Scalper has sold but it's waiting for the price to come up to buy

Postby stephan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:23 pm

The scalper is running based on the assumption of a sideways trend. So if it has sold then its waitng for the price to go down again. In your case the price was going up and it did not returned. This is why you see -26% listed, the price just went into the wrong direction.

The best thing to do right now is to restart the bot, lets it begin all over agian.

To avoid this in the future you can use the stop-loss. If you set this to 5% for example then the bot can reset itself and be more durable on the longer run.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

cryptok

Postby cryptok » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36 am

Hi Stephan

Thanks so much for your input its very appreciated, Ya the stop loss makes sense as this bot has what I consider good results and it was only trading 2 days out of a possible 6 days, I am finding the scalp bots on this system very good

If I could just ask on more thing where is the stop loss setting please see screenshot and I will adjust accordingly and I'll post all the results here for other people to see and it might help them also,

If you can see any other setting in the screen shot that could help get more gains please feel free to comment

Thanks again
Attachments
scalp MTL 23.01.18.PNG

cryptok

Postby cryptok » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 am

OOpppps I think I made a mistake I know it is a different currency pair but the MTL didn't react to the change in setting as quick as this pair

I changed the safety threshold to 5% instead of 97% thinking it was the stop loss but it probably wasn't as it lost most if the profit it gained over 5 days in 1 trade

scalp WTC 23.01.18.PNG

And then this one is horrible I am posting so any other noobs don't change the saftey threshold as you will see this

scalp nebl 23.01.18.PNG

cryptok

Postby cryptok » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:17 am

Hey Stephan

Can you please explain how to set the stop loss on the scalper bot please

Synthetic

Postby Synthetic » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 am

This is the wiki for the scalper bot
https://wiki.haasonline.com/Scalper_Bot

"The safety threshold acts as a "Stop-Loss" for both sides. For example, a setting of 2% allows the price to change by 2% before the safety creates an order to change the bots positions. Similarly, a setting of 98% allows the price to change by 98% before the safety creates an order to change the bots positions."

cryptok

Postby cryptok » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi Syntheic or Stephan

Thanks for the links I went through that alright and when I back test on 1, 2, 5 % stop loss it's non profitable

Also when I forward test with Sim and Real it runs at a loss see the above screenshots

Is there any way to have it on the Buy side only because I don't mind it sitting on waiting to sell but waiting to buy is whats stopping it been able to run more effectively or I might be misunderstanding this altogether

Any advise would be very appreciated

Thanks

suvorov

Postby suvorov » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:01 am

I have the same question.
Why does the bot wait when the price will return to some value, if there is free money in the account.
It turns out that he is wasted, but could work at this time.
2018-01-25_10-59-26.png

In order for it to work, I have to reset it and run it again.

cryptok

Postby cryptok » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:53 am

Hey Guys

I am having to manually reset the buy on the scalps a lot of the time and then losing my historical data is there any possible way to have the stop loss just on the buy side I really think it would help make the scalps even better performers

Return to “Scalper Bot Discussion”