This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Traded with more than it's limit

General discussion about Haasbot's Scalper Bot. (Beginner)
Snuddles

Traded with more than it's limit

Postby Snuddles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:04 am

I setup a Scalper bot to trade with 170 Tenx (PAY).

When I started the bot I was online on Bittrex and noticed the buy-order on 170 Tenx was started. It immediately bought like 54. Alright I figured price was just moving too fast so it would buy rest if price fell again. I come back later and see I have 231 Tenx in my account.

Orders as seen on Bittrex

Orders as seen in Haasbot

As you can see in the it is as if he bot has forgotten it first bought 54 Tenx (PAY) and shortly after 6 more. How can this happen? I am running the bot on Amazon Workspace to see how it is working. The log only goes back like 20-40 minutes so I cannot see what has happened. But what could be the reason for this? It could potential give a bit of problems if it uses funds that are meant for other bots by going above it's purchase level.

Another related question. What happens to Haasbot in cases of really really fast rises/drops? (say you have a buy-order or stop-loss). Like if you have a coin that costs $15 and you put a stop-loss on $10. What if price goes from $15 to $6 in extremly short time. Will it always sell? Will it sell for $7? Is it possible price moves so fast that the stop-loss only sells off 10% of your coins and you eat up the loss still?

Snuddles

Re: Traded with more than it's limit

Postby Snuddles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:39 am

I think it just did it again. I was working with the bot and saw a popup notifying me that an order of 170 Tenx (PAY) tokens had just been issued. I tabbed over to bittrex and saw 65 of those 170 tokens being bought, but price was rising. I looked at the Haasbot tradelog but no information about the 65 tokens it had bought. After a few minutes I saw a popup on Bittrex about my buy-order of 170 Tenx. I thought it had bought the rest of them and completed the order, but I only had 65 Tenx in my account so I assume the scalper bot deletes incomplete orders after a while?

Anyway it's 10 min since it bought 65 Tenx and the tradelog in Haasbot on my Scalper Tenx bot is still not showing this trade at all.

Can someone explain what is happening? I don't like that the bot doesn't at least registrer the trade that has happened. If I'm running 10 bots at some point and they don't registre some of their trades it could be a bit messy :)

Snuddles

Re: Traded with more than it's limit

Postby Snuddles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Ok so guess the scalper bot makes a time limited order that expires after a bit of time. And if the order isn't fully completed it puts in a new order. Just started a bot and it bought 70 of 250 coins at 0.0005200. Then after a bit it canceled the order and remade an order of 250 but now price was at 0.0005999, and here it bought 250. Would have been better if it had canceled/restarted order faster so price would be closer to the time when bot was started (and maybe it could remember that it bought some already to keep within the actual limit set for the bot?) Anyway just a simple bot so not perfect I get it :)

However still not liking the fact that it doesn't at least record the trade in the trade log. Is this the case with other bots as well?

Return to “Scalper Bot Discussion”