This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

scalper buys at market price

General discussion about Haasbot's Scalper Bot. (Beginner)
Matej

scalper buys at market price

Postby Matej » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Hello,

I've just started with the scalper bot on Kraken. I have 2 issues:

- When buying, the bot is not waiting on the buying list in the order book, but he buys immediately the lowest bid on the selling list. Pretty awkward when heaving a high spread. I would like to have the bot jumping to the top off the buying list waiting for someone who wants to sell at market price. I see this all the time happening.

- Can the scalper bot take short positions? I cannot find out how to do that.

Matej

Re: scalper buys at market price

Postby Matej » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Matej wrote:Hello,

I've just started with the scalper bot on Kraken. I have 2 issues:

- When buying, the bot is not waiting on the buying list in the order book, but he buys immediately the lowest bid on the selling list. Pretty awkward when heaving a high spread. I would like to have the bot jumping to the top off the buying list waiting for someone who wants to sell at market price. I see this all the time happening.

- Can the scalper bot take short positions? I cannot find out how to do that.

Can somebody please answer my questions?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:56 am

Yes a scalper can take short positions. Sinds build 3.0.49 a review was done on the Scalper-bot and we noted it did not go short. So we "fixed" this and its running fine.

When buying, the bot is not waiting on the buying list in the order book, but he buys immediately the lowest bid on the selling list. Pretty awkward when heaving a high spread. I would like to have the bot jumping to the top off the buying list waiting for someone who wants to sell at market price. I see this all the time happening.

Because of you other question i am a bit unsure here. There is a difference between spot and margin/leverage trading in relation to the buying and selling in the orderbook.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Theo
Administrator

Postby Theo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:52 am

For this I would use the flash crash bot, it will spread out orders similar to how you describe.
It is one of our best bots that works out of the box: https://wiki.haasonline.com/Flash_Crash_Bot

Matej

Postby Matej » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Theo wrote:

For this I would use the flash crash bot, it will spread out orders similar to how you describe.
It is one of our best bots that works out of the box: https://wiki.haasonline.com/Flash_Crash_Bot

Thank you for your advise.

Return to “Scalper Bot Discussion”