This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

[Read Me] Scalper Bot Discussion Forum

General discussion about Haasbot's Scalper Bot. (Beginner)
stephan
Administrator

[Read Me] Scalper Bot Discussion Forum

Postby stephan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Welcome to the Scalper Bot Discussion Forum. This is where you can discuss and ask question (not support issues) about the Haasbot Scalper Bot.

Remember to be curious to each other and to follow the forum rules.

~ Haasonline Software Team
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Brandon

Re: [Read Me] Scalper Bot Discussion Forum

Postby Brandon » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Thank you! I think I like it here, there is very responsive visitors)

billyboy402

Postby billyboy402 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:01 am

I have tried this Bot but doesn't seem to be very activity.

I was hoping that it would look at the current price $100

Place Limit buy order at $99.80 and once it has been brought Place a Limit sell order at $100.20
( with 0.4% fees Buy and sell depend on the fee and targets)

However, It OPEN and software make a trigger Market Close Order when it hit the target price
I think it would be best if it the bot places a Limit close order straight away at the desire profit target once the Open limit order is place

This would lower the trading cost as most broker offer cheaper rate for limit (market maker) , Also if the option if there was a disconnection from the software to the broker at least you still have the order on the exchange ( this could also work for trail stop loss)

Demetry

Postby Demetry » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:59 am

Good day. How many scalper bots i can start in Advanced License?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:41 pm

billyboy402 wrote:I have tried this Bot but doesn't seem to be very activity.

I was hoping that it would look at the current price $100

Place Limit buy order at $99.80 and once it has been brought Place a Limit sell order at $100.20
( with 0.4% fees Buy and sell depend on the fee and targets)

However, It OPEN and software make a trigger Market Close Order when it hit the target price
I think it would be best if it the bot places a Limit close order straight away at the desire profit target once the Open limit order is place

This would lower the trading cost as most broker offer cheaper rate for limit (market maker) , Also if the option if there was a disconnection from the software to the broker at least you still have the order on the exchange ( this could also work for trail stop loss)

You are totally right on this one, some exchanges do give a advantage if you place a order in advance. We are looking into this, the reason why its not set this way is because of the fee involved. It gets complicated and we are making a driver to handle this. The driver will be able to give you the lowest fee, so we know which trading way is the best per exchange. If this driver is present then it becomes easier for us to implement this pre-ordering at the scalper-bot.

On the other hand... the scalper does try to improve the trade-momentum. IF the sale price get higher then this bot tries to gain that as well. This will be a advantage we will lose, so when we implement this, it will be set as a option.

Demetry wrote:Good day. How many scalper bots i can start in Advanced License?

The advanced license does not have limitations for the amount of bots you set setup.

Just to tell... the scalper-bot can be replicated inside a trade-bot as well. When you scale up i do recommend it to do it this way, trade-bots allow for just a bit more flexibility (with the last buy/sell price but also with extra safeties)

mohamedzaki

Postby mohamedzaki » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Hello

I tried this bot on Huobi. as you know it is zero fees on the BTC-CNY pair so I can setup the bot with very small gain with no problem. It run well for some time then stopped working in different ways. wen it was bought and the price went up on this pair today morning. it didnt sell again. also I noticed that it likes to buy lower than last sell. so what happens when the price goes up and doesn't come down again ? the bot is very good if these problems solved. I noticed that when I clear the history the bot it starts to be active again. any help ?

Ale

Postby Ale » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Hello,

Depending of the wallet content and position (bought or sold) this bot seems to buy BTC until USD runs out or vise versa. Buys and sells are not in balance. It does not run for very long with our setup. Is there something wrong or is it a setup thing? Or should we have two robots with different positions?

Thanks.

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:47 pm

mohamedzaki wrote:Hello

I tried this bot on Huobi. as you know it is zero fees on the BTC-CNY pair so I can setup the bot with very small gain with no problem. It run well for some time then stopped working in different ways. wen it was bought and the price went up on this pair today morning. it didnt sell again. also I noticed that it likes to buy lower than last sell. so what happens when the price goes up and doesn't come down again ? the bot is very good if these problems solved. I noticed that when I clear the history the bot it starts to be active again. any help ?

This is the pitfall you see here. The scalper bot is a typical sideways bot, meaning it assumes a sideways motion of the price trend. The price is expected to go down after the bot has sold, so its targets a lower buy price again.

If the situation the prices goes trending or to a different price level then this bot can go out of scope and wait forever. This is th part when the safety comes it. With the safety threshold you can tell the bot to accept losses and to favor to keep trading. That is the only way to compensate for it.

Ale wrote:Hello,

Depending of the wallet content and position (bought or sold) this bot seems to buy BTC until USD runs out or vise versa. Buys and sells are not in balance. It does not run for very long with our setup. Is there something wrong or is it a setup thing? Or should we have two robots with different positions?

Thanks.

I am not directly able to tell why this happens, the only assumption which makes sense to me is that the trade-amount does not get progressed on the exchange. So you could try to lower your trade amount per bot, i think this might help.

The bots itself are designed to flip positions and they are running on there own. They are not designed to fight or contradict, that should never happen.

huczek

Postby huczek » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:44 pm

What should I choose in trade bot to work the same as scalper bot?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:07 pm

huczek wrote:What should I choose in trade bot to work the same as scalper bot?

To replicate you can give a trade-bot a Blind indicator and the FeeOvercome insurance. That is all. The blind indicator will just ask to trade and the insurance will check the trade and block it if its to less to overcome the fee costs.

Keep 1 thing in mind... this strategy works on a sideways market. This means if the prices become trending this strategy will begin to fail. To defend yourself against this please add in additional safeties like the stop-loss. Just make sure you got a bottom line to sell of if the prices suddenly drop. :)

Return to “Scalper Bot Discussion”