Warning for trading at Poloniex

Important Announcements regarding Haasonline Software.
stephan
Administrator

Warning for trading at Poloniex

Postby stephan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:06 pm

~All,

We have been observing issues on the Poloniex API over the past few weeks. We have been tracking this but unfortunately there is no other option except to recommend NOT TO USE Poloniex anymore. Their API cannot be trusted and running a bot on Poloniex can result in big losses. Sometimes the API is working and sometimes it's not. We noticed it goes offline when the trading traffic increases.

Our analysis has showed that it is very likely that Poloniex's trading engine is overloaded. We of course hope that Poloniex can solve this as soon as possible.

From our end there is nothing we can do except to wait.

~The Haasonline Team
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

cryptomann420

Re: Warning for trading at Poloniex

Postby cryptomann420 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:40 pm

stephan wrote:~All,

We have been observing issues on the Poloniex API over the past few weeks. We have been tracking this but unfortunately there is no other option except to recommend NOT TO USE Poloniex anymore. Their API cannot be trusted and running a bot on Poloniex can result in big losses. Sometimes the API is working and sometimes it's not. We noticed it goes offline when the trading traffic increases.

Our analysis has showed that it is very likely that Poloniex's trading engine is overloaded. We of course hope that Poloniex can solve this as soon as possible.

From our end there is nothing we can do except to wait.

~The Haasonline Team

Yes especially today I saw in the troll box that people could not close margin positions with Xrp and losing there shirts. When that was when people using the Poloniex platform never mind a bot. Also even when the site is not overloaded my bot misses every DAMN trade weather its a buy or sell . I had to cut my losses there and trade manually if and when I saw a opportunity, and that was pretty sketchy!!! I do see them losing a lot of traders as of today's overload and that goes for withdrawing too, also not just btc. Does anyone have any other experience with other exchanges besides Bitfinex that has a better API??? 8-)

~Cryptomann420

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:42 am

It depends a little on what markets you like to trade. A lot of people who move away from Poloniex are making a new account at Bittrex.

But confirmed... yesterday a lot of people got f*cked at XCP. I have seen messages of people going totally liquid because of it, so what is happening has a big impact on the users on Poloniex. This can not go on like this.

pitmaximalist

Postby pitmaximalist » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:06 pm

When can we expect to get Polo working again?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:20 am

pitmaximalist wrote:When can we expect to get Polo working again?

We can not tell, its up to Poloniex to solve this problem.

pitmaximalist

Postby pitmaximalist » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:13 am

stephan wrote:

They are claiming that their APIs are up & running.

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:50 am

pitmaximalist wrote:
stephan wrote:

It is online and running, you can make the connection. This is not really the problem. The problem happens when a lot of trading is happenig, those are the moments the API goes offline.

pitmaximalist

Postby pitmaximalist » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:59 am

stephan wrote:
pitmaximalist wrote:
stephan wrote:

It is online and running, you can make the connection. This is not really the problem. The problem happens when a lot of trading is happenig, those are the moments the API goes offline.

In my case I couldn't even get to see my wallet data let alone executing some trading order: https://db.tt/W5JzRsp8HX

Their support is extremely slow, that's why I'm asking here. Maybe they've been changing something about API access?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:10 am

No, there are no API changes. I got a monitoring tool running to keep guard and the API has not changed. Sometimes the wallet works and sometimes it does not.

I know my story about Poloniex might be hard to believe, but there are ways to confirm it. You could review how many users there are at Poloniex (website statistics) or you can do a small check on which markets and coins they have been adding the past months. I can tell they only added USDT.

Maybe Poloniex says nothing is wrong, i do not know for sure. But then ask yourself why a alt-coin exchange like Poloniex has put a halt on adding new markets. The only reason i can think off is to lower the load on the trading engine and this confirms my earlier findings of a overloaded trading engine.

pitmaximalist

Postby pitmaximalist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:02 am

stephan wrote:No, there are no API changes. I got a monitoring tool running to keep guard and the API has not changed. Sometimes the wallet works and sometimes it does not.

I know my story about Poloniex might be hard to believe, but there are ways to confirm it. You could review how many users there are at Poloniex (website statistics) or you can do a small check on which markets and coins they have been adding the past months. I can tell they only added USDT.

Maybe Poloniex says nothing is wrong, i do not know for sure. But then ask yourself why a alt-coin exchange like Poloniex has put a halt on adding new markets. The only reason i can think off is to lower the load on the trading engine and this confirms my earlier findings of a overloaded trading engine.

Makes sense. After what happened with Ripple and Ethereum in a weekend, a few weeks ago -- they might be taking precautions at least to keep their web interface alive.

Return to “Announcements”