[Speculation] Promising Altcoins

General Discussion about the price of cryptocurrencies, technical analysis, speculation, etc
Phillis
Administrator

[Speculation] Promising Altcoins

Postby Phillis » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:38 pm

This thread is dedicated to speculation about the latest and/or most promising altcoins. Since haasbot supports over 500 cryptocurrencies, altcoins have been kind of a wild west in terms of trading.

I suppose I will start with:

Darkcoin (fundamentals are very interesting and could be useful for privacy minded organizations)

I will have to look at some of the newer altcoins as well and let you know which ones I think are promising.

stephan
Administrator

Re: [Speculation] Promising Altcoins

Postby stephan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:48 pm

It is smart to (if you have the bot software) watch the bottom newsline. Because all alt-coin are tracked while the software runs and it will show the coins that are the most pumped. Of course the view is still limited. But it does the trick. ;)
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Theo
Administrator

Postby Theo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Viacoin and Clearinghouse
VIA and XCH

Viacoin was created with the idea of having a large OP RETURN this allows small ammounts of data to be stored in transactions. Bitcoin used to have an OP RETURN of 80 bytes but the core devs decided that they didnt like that, that it allows blockchain "spam" this created the situhation that the project Counterparty XCP had to swich over and use mutlisig instead of OP RETURN.

What is all this?
Counterparty is open source software that allows for token creation and a decentral exchange on top of a blockchain. So instead of creating a new coin you can "color" some coins and have them represent things, be tokens, shares, and a lot of other interesing uses. However some devs look at this as being kind of parsitic because the dev team from counterparty is not the same as the core dev team of bitcoin. Therefore Viacoin took the advice of the bitcoin core devs who at the time suggested that all of this should be done on an Altchain, and it was done.

A coin and a layer on top both run by the same dev team.

kerbos5
Paid Subscriber

Postby kerbos5 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:46 am

You might want to look at FLDC, there website is foldingcoin.net it is a Counterparty asset, which has many advantages over traditional wallet....and the best thing is the "mining/folding" that your doing is actually meaningful.

beginnersmind
Beta Tester

Postby beginnersmind » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:05 pm

The following is written more from an investment perspective rather than a trading one. I've been investing in the altcoin space for about a year. I came to realize that these markets are defined by the niche the coin plays. Here are some of my leadership choices and the niche they represent. This is not investment advice - do your own due diligence!

BTC - Market penetration and acceptance - not to mention the serious venture capital flowing in.
DOGE - Active and progressive community. This is what gives this coin value.
RDD - Reddcoin has a well thought out Social Media architecture and good devs.
XRP- Ripple is positioned well for the next generation of international currency transfers. (Think World Bank) Disruptive technology.
NXT - NXT has a good first generation asset exchange. Lots of promising enterprises coming from this space.

Coins to watch

Etherium - the first truly programmable money. Being released in March.
BitMark (BTM) - the first credibility coin (think online reputation)
Storj coin - peer-to-peer cloud storage
Sapience AI - Artificial intelligence on the blockchain. Not sure about their business model, but gets points for being cool.

beginnersmind
Beta Tester

Postby beginnersmind » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:34 pm

Here is a good site for research into the world of altcoins. I like the methodology this site uses to rank the various coins. You can click on a coin to get lots information about web sites, trading prices, market caps, etc.

https://www.coingecko.com/en

LumbridgeCity

Postby LumbridgeCity » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:44 pm

Great list beginnersmind - I've been digging in and reading up on all the top volume altcoins on several exchanges and my findings are very close to yours.

Here are a couple of my (longish) review videos:

20 Top Volume Cryptocurrencies Traded on Bittrex - May 19 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN9ep5F9b1Q

and

List of Top 20 Cryptocurrencies to Watch in 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8lQXqnIZU

It is this study that has lead me to research and find all the bitcoin trading Bots that I can - and is what lead me to find HAAS.

Cheers all, and good luck in your trading!

LumbridgeCity

basicus
Beta Tester

Postby basicus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Interesting thread.

I'm doing a tiny little trading with Monero (XMR), VRC and BlackCoin. It's mostly for the sake of entertainment, and I will have a total loss of 20 USD if they hit zero.

I like Monero because the team is not flimsy. They stick to their plan, and are not letting the community change the direction of the development. So, it's a strong team behind it, and they believe in what they are doing.

VRC was a random choice. BlackCoin is simply the first coin I traded with 1,5 years ago, so I keep an eye on it for that reason.

Ervitu

Postby Ervitu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 am

My top deffinetely includes CNX coin.

I've been reading much before investing in CNX, so Cryptonex project is quite ambitious - it offers its users pos mining which I use regulary - The profit is 12% annually and CNX price growth is not included in the income. To get the reward from mining, you I registered a web wallet, bought some CNX coins, transfered it to windows wallet. And now I just keep it online .
As for CNX coin itself, it has already increased more than 7 times in 2 months and according to some predictions the coin will incerease much as Cryptonex is about to launch p2p platform and mobile app. So I recommend you have a look at CNX coin.

Return to “Cryptocurrency Discussion”