This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Trade Bot, Trade Amount = % of Wallet

Submit your request for new features, such as new indicators, insurances, safeties, and new exchange support.
Trade

Trade Bot, Trade Amount = % of Wallet

Postby Trade » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:27 am

Just a feature request for Trade Bot -> Trade Settings

Trade Amount = % of Wallet would be very helpful to allow the Bot to continue trading with Realized Gains (or adjust for Losses).
Trade Amount = % of Wallet would also help you keep enough extra balance in your wallet for Margin Maintenance requirements to avoid a Margin Call.

The All-In option is nice, but % of Wallet would be safer for Margin planning. ie: 80%, 90%, etc.

stephan
Administrator

Re: Trade Bot, Trade Amount = % of Wallet

Postby stephan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:33 pm

This feature request has been send before and we had to dismiss it because of the impact. There are 2 problems happening if you manage your trade amount with percentages. First of all, suppose you setup 2 bots at 50% each, then you are in fact setting up 50% and 25% of your trade amount. Most people assume its just 50% + 50% because it makes the most sence, but in reality this is behaving differently.

The second and biggest problem is controlling it and making sure you stay profitable. When you got 2 bots running with again ths 50% then you do not have control over which bot takes 50% of the full trade-amount. So one bot can sell at price X and the other one could buy for a more expensive price. This is seen as a big risk, it can lead to unexpected losses.

In the past at version 2 we had % trade-amount supported, we had to drop support for it because of these 2 reasons.

There is a solution. At initial setup of the bot you could assign a x amount based on a percentage and allow the bot only to trade with this amount. This would avoid all the possible complications, but then again how much different is it to setup a fixed amount then?

Its not unwillingness to support this, it makes perfect sense to support it, but the implications are there and must be taken in account before adding this feature. If the demand is high for this feature then i make sure we get support for it again.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Trade

Postby Trade » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:41 pm

It would help in planning Margin Maintenace required levels so your positions aren't liquidated.

I believe Bitfinex by default uses Cross Margin for the total Net Account Value.

Slightly related, can you set the margin mode as: Fixed Margin or Cross Margin when using OKC.cn/OKC.com/OKCFutures?

P.S. But I can see the problem if a User sets this too high and uses for multiple-bots. Perhaps a warning under Advanced Features?

EdwardLThompson

Postby EdwardLThompson » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:32 am

I have "All in" and "Max Trade" checked but the bot is still not using 100% of my funds for trades. I am confused. I have to manually go into trade settings and go and reselect the remaining amount and put the bot into that position. Also, it seems that the grayed out amount in the trade amount field is what is being traded. This feature also crossed my mind. I am confused on how to trade with 100% of my balance. A 100% option would be nice.

Irimba

Postby Irimba » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:01 pm

EdwardLThompson wrote:I have "All in" and "Max Trade" checked but the bot is still not using 100% of my funds for trades. I am confused. I have to manually go into trade settings and go and reselect the remaining amount and put the bot into that position. Also, it seems that the grayed out amount in the trade amount field is what is being traded. This feature also crossed my mind. I am confused on how to trade with 100% of my balance. A 100% option would be nice.

Me and my friend have exactly the same problem! How do we configure the bot so that we do not have to manually update the position.

EdwardLThompson

Postby EdwardLThompson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:27 pm

The bots are much better at getting close to 100% now. You will notice on pairs with low volume that you will not be able to get 100% sometimes. The high volume pairs work perfectly.

mjmokhtari.tehran

Postby mjmokhtari.tehran » Tue May 01, 2018 6:05 am

stephan wrote:Its not unwillingness to support this, it makes perfect sense to support it, but the implications are there and must be taken in account before adding this feature. If the demand is high for this feature then i make sure we get support for it again.

Hi dear Stephan.
This is very important for platforms to give their customers flexibility of choosing from various money management plans in their own risk. Two options can be there:
1) fixed trade amount
2) percent of a coin in wallet trade amount (or simple to say % trade amount).
I think you should provide option two for traders that are pro enough to choose from. Using percent trade amount (or pyramiding or accumulation) is VITAL for Day Traders (that are main users of platforms). Actually a pro trader Knows the act of money management! Understanding behavior of multiple bots working together is the key factor.
Multiple bots that are active at the same time means a combined strategy is using and needs a money management in a manner. Which manner? I will describe it.
For the problems you mentioned above, I propose some ways to figure out them. You can consider Trade Amount field parameter as an input where uses percent of a coin initial trade amount plus gains in that coin (you can define a variable INITIAL trade amount that changes from initial deposit to new initial and continues so on) in wallet (instead of remaining of a coin or money in wallet!). If we make winning trades and our profit covers fee then initial trade amount automatically increases by positive gain to a new INITIAL trade amount and if we make losing trades our loses amount automatically minuses from initial trade amount (because the gain is negative).
Consider some one sets up and activates four trade bots with different pairs and chooses option % trade amount for each bot as bellow:
-bot 1 uses BTCUSD with strategy A where trade amount is 50% of btc or usd
-bot 2 uses ETHUSD with strategy B where trade amount is 50% of eth or usd
-bot 3 uses BTCUSD with strategy C where trade amount is 50% of btc or usd
-bot 4 uses NEOBTC with strategy D where trade amount is 50% of neo or btc
Until now all bots are sending trade amount alarm. Then the trader deposits 1 Bitcoin and 10000 us dollars into wallet.
Once the coin or money is available bot 2 places a buy order (and uses 5000 usd from initial 10000) and at the same time bot 3 places another buy order (and uses 5000 usd from initial 10000).
Now bot 1 wants to buy, but there is no money available and bot sends trade amount alarm (No matter! it should be waiting until one of other bots sells coin and provide usd in wallet. This is promising and makes sense!).
Lets consider all of btc in wallet are used before and we only have eth and usd. Bot 4 wants to buy neo and same scenario like above happens (bot 4 should wait until btc comes in wallet).
Worst scenario is bot 1 and bot 3 working together. The difference is their strategy and if a strategy fits the market condition, then the winner bot should still btc or usd! Yes, it makes sense that some times we want a bot stills coin for better trading and bigger profits.
Other combinations of four above bots should be planned and forward tested by a pro trader (with simulated demo account) before using it in real exchange account. This is the art of trading.
Beginners must be careful and avoid complicated bots and money management and maybe % trade amount!
With respect.

Return to “Feature Requests”