This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

View multiple indicators at once

Submit your request for new features, such as new indicators, insurances, safeties, and new exchange support.
startnow

View multiple indicators at once

Postby startnow » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:28 pm

The ability to view multiple indicators at once, to see when they agree/disagree is a must I think, so analyzing planned strategies will be possible.
Setup bots without this feature is a real pain.

Also this should involve Safeties/Insurances so we can see in the charts: At this time the bot did not buy/sell because of this insurance/safety.

I really think that this would be the only way to make setup bots usable enough.

Quintus
Administrator

Re: View multiple indicators at once

Postby Quintus » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi,

You can set setup a dashboard with the bot, indicator and safeties charts. This will be the best way to view it all at once.

If you are not familiar yet with the dashboard:
- Create a new dashboard in the menu.
- The new dashboard should open and you will get to see a widget window
- Click on "Bot related" on the left and scroll all the way down.
- Drag the chart you want to a location you want and the rest will speak for itself.

- Quintus

startnow

Postby startnow » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:50 am

Thanks for this info but I meant the bot setup process before using backtests.

At the moment if we go to the setup of one indicator we can see a chart window that shows when one indicator would allow to buy/sell (sometimes additionally marked using lines).
In another chart window we can see when a safety would be triggered. etc. ... All isolated.

I think it is vital to add an overview chart that shows all indicators/safeties/insurances from a bot at once (overlayed).
In this overview there should be extra markers (in another design as the buy/sell markers from the individual indicators/safeties/insurances) that show at which time a bot would really buy/sell (following all indicators, safeties, insurances).

So we could see when individual parts of the bot would buy/sell (as before but overlayed) and when the bot would buy/sell following all bot parts. All in one chart. So we see very fast what would happen and how we can tune our bot.

Also there could be a similar overview chart after a backtest is finished. (not only a trade logbook)

scrunchds

Postby scrunchds » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Is there anymore on this? I would find this highly useful. I know you can have multiple bot indicator charts with each of the indicators, but it would be nice to have the ability to include all of them into one chart.

Trade

Postby Trade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Agree.

It would be nice of your Trade Bot would allow you to see all Indicators on a screen together.

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:08 pm

This has been tried in the past because you are both right, such a view would be the perfect view. There is only 1 big problem to get it worked out... time alignment. When we tried to make such a view we encountered the fact that some indicators runs at different time intervals. To compensate and to give the right kind of view we tried to make a minute chart. Believe me... this was looking terrible.

Quintus was right too, using the dashboard it can be done. Those charts are displayed at there own time interval. But to make it look right you will need to zoom some charts. This is caused by the time alignment "problem". Once you really try this with a stop-loss and an SMA at 60min then you can directly see the end-result of those views, of how it can look like.

But i shall put this on the list to be reviewed once more and/or any genius solutions are welcome too of course.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Return to “Feature Requests”