trade Amount in BTC

Submit your request for new features, such as new indicators, insurances, safeties, and new exchange support.
wajda

trade Amount in BTC

Postby wajda » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Currently only a trade amount setup in the asset you are trading is allowed.

Example, for ETHBTC, you have to define the quantity of ETH you want to trade, which is ok, but, as prices moves significantly, one should be able to setup amount in BTC.

The reason being, we all know how much we want to invest, regarless the price.

If you afford setting up 2 BTC, then you don't want to care about what the price of ETH is and how much units it converts from BTC.

Just setup the bot with BTC amount, and let bot buy whatever the quantity is at the moment of bot activation.

kick

Re: trade Amount in BTC

Postby kick » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:34 am

Agreed, I would spread it beyond BTC and say specify the amount of the counter currency (BTC/USD/XMR/ZEC or anything supported by the exchange) to use on the buy side would be great rather than specifying an amount to buy. For example if you are working in ETHBTC, saying you want 1BTC worth of ETH then whatever amount was purchased is used for the sale.

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:59 am

I am in for this too. It would make it easier to spread your investments equally for the bots and trade with for example 1% of your portfolio.

~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

madlalank

Postby madlalank » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi

I just recently purchase the haasbot and Im seriously battling with its use. I was under impression that everything is automated. Been going through the tutorial video but I think its for the older version because even its use and interface is a little bit different from my ones. Basically Im clueless of what Im doing here and sometimes I see trades have been executed out out of luck and I have created the bots but dont know how to give them instructions. How do I make money because all I see everytime I login its the 29 BTC and play with it trying to learn the platform, and sometimes make a loss or profit not even knowing how I went about and when I log off and re-login again its like Im starting from scratch with this 29 BTC on the wallet
Can anyone please assist or give me a link with the step by step tutorial of the new version please?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:10 pm

madlalank wrote:Hi

I just recently purchase the haasbot and Im seriously battling with its use. I was under impression that everything is automated. Been going through the tutorial video but I think its for the older version because even its use and interface is a little bit different from my ones. Basically Im clueless of what Im doing here and sometimes I see trades have been executed out out of luck and I have created the bots but dont know how to give them instructions. How do I make money because all I see everytime I login its the 29 BTC and play with it trying to learn the platform, and sometimes make a loss or profit not even knowing how I went about and when I log off and re-login again its like Im starting from scratch with this 29 BTC on the wallet
Can anyone please assist or give me a link with the step by step tutorial of the new version please?

I think this will help you get started: https://wiki.haasonline.com/Scalper_Bot

Ontopic:
We are having a look if we can make a few changes for the trade-amount. But i can not promise anything yet.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

r4stl1n

Postby r4stl1n » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 pm

madlalank wrote:Hi

There is a lot to learn regarding the software. If you'd like real time conversation about specific topics feel free to join the telegram chat there I and others are more than happy to help you out. You can also post individual questions and we will do our best to answer them :)

madlalank

Postby madlalank » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:40 am

Morning

Thank you all for the input and I managed to set up the scalper bot easily and its got good profits, however Im still confused regarding the back test function, can someone please explain to me if I back test and make a loss or profit what does that necessary means. Do I get to keep the profits I made from back testing the bot or it showing me what I could have made had I traded using those parameters?

Thanks

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:04 am

madlalank wrote:Morning

Thank you all for the input and I managed to set up the scalper bot easily and its got good profits, however Im still confused regarding the back test function, can someone please explain to me if I back test and make a loss or profit what does that necessary means. Do I get to keep the profits I made from back testing the bot or it showing me what I could have made had I traded using those parameters?

Thanks

Backtesting bots is a performance test of your bots strategy with historical market data. In other words, you have market data for what has happened already and backtesting only shows how your bot would have performed.

Also keep in mind that it matters where your test starts. The initial buy/sell trade in backtests are there even when it's a signal that is "too late". So scan your charts and pick a date that will start off with a good buy/sell situation or even start it before your first good buy-signal.

The results from backtesting are virtual, so they aren't real. They only show you what you could have profited if your bot would have been online and running in that time period.

I understand you are new to trading and things can be confusing. There are "Start" buttons in your bot which will make the bot run and do live trading and this is where your real money goes into gamble (unless you have a simulated account). But be aware: even if your strategy showed good profits in backtesting, that doesn't mean it will work the same in the future!

Trade safe,
~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

madlalank

Postby madlalank » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks now I get it, so basically simulated account its like a demo? please explain to me. I only purchased this software and I'm on a simulated account and have no Idea how to fund or withdraw after making profits?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:15 am

madlalank wrote:Thanks now I get it, so basically simulated account its like a demo? please explain to me. I only purchased this software and I'm on a simulated account and have no Idea how to fund or withdraw after making profits?

All you have to do is go to one of the exchange we support and make a account on it. If you register yourself at the exchange then you get the ability to deposit coins on it so you can really trade. The exchange is also the place where you can withdraw the coins/profits.

Just look at the haasbot as a kind of signal provider, its a application which can send trading signals but everything else is just done on the exchange itself. The haasbot does not have withdraw or deposit abilities because its no exchange and because its a high security risk.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Return to “Feature Requests”