This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Request #fully automated bot mode. Would pay extra

Share your Haasbot Trading Strategies and Configurations
Primeys
Paid Subscriber

Re: Request #fully automated bot mode. Would pay extra

Postby Primeys » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Hello again!
Have not been paying attention at all lately! Have there been any development in this request? anything new to report?

stephan wrote:Yes there sure is. To make this work we have approuched the "fully automated" request slightly differently and we came up with an better solution.

I can not disclose the solution in detail yet, but it is granded and forfilled. It is part of the very big beta update which is coming on the end of January 2016.

@basicus:
Try to play around with the interval/timer of the indicator. Time is your friend with trading as well. Good signals are not always on the short run, mostly good signals can be found on the bigger timescale due the bigger time differences. ;)

Sure it is scary trading on higher interval/timer, but just add in an safety like an Drop-loss and you will be perfectly fine.

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:31 am

Yes there is. If you go over to the beta forum then you will find version 3.0 as an download. If you download and install this new version then you will find an new feature inside called Custom bots. Inside the custom bots there are 2 types fully automated bots, called the pingpong and the scalper bot. Those are the ones i have prepared to be fully automatic.

They are balanced, so they take small risk and the profits are of equal levels. So they work, you can leave them running aside but they will not make you rich.

Best performance can be reached at exchanges with (almost) no fee. Or if you really want to push it you set them up at leverage trading as well.

One small note... they are desinged to progress max 1 BTC at the time. If you want to progress more then i would advice to spread your options. So set 2 bots to work or 3. Point is, you want to avoid impacting the orderbook.

In addition i am also writing down all i have learned over the past years on the forum. I can understand this might go to deep for some users, but it might be interesting to keep an eye open on this. The first part "knowing what you are up against" has just been posted.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Primeys
Paid Subscriber

Postby Primeys » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:26 pm

Great news!
ill be sure to check it out. Just have some Questions.

*What would you Suggest is the best exchange in your mind?

Im leaning towards Coinbase.com, just cuz i use it on a daily basis and i like the interface. Although i dont really understand their stance on Fee's ... They have some Taker and maker fees which i haven't looked into yet.

*So when i set it up, there is no strategy needed to set the bots up (like timeframes and so on)? Just simply activate them or what?

*Can you add Overcome fee's As an insurance in those two bots?

*When you say they won't make me Rich. What do you mean by Rich? Will they make money at all? Will they just flip coins with no return? OR will they make money in time just not as fast as other bots or what?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:53 pm

*What would you Suggest is the best exchange in your mind?

You should always select the ones with an lowest fee percentage and highest volume.

I would advice to try it on an spot exchange first. Once you see how they behave you can scale it up and set them up for leverage trading.

*So when i set it up, there is no strategy needed to set the bots up (like timeframes and so on)? Just simply activate them or what?

Yes, believe it or not, that is all.

*Can you add Overcome fee's As an insurance in those two bots?

Already accounted for.

*When you say they won't make me Rich. What do you mean by Rich? Will they make money at all? Will they just flip coins with no return? OR will they make money in time just not as fast as other bots or what?

They will make you coins, they are even well able to return the license costs plus more. I am not worried about it. But if you compare this to an trade-bot then an trade-bot is better at reaching higher profit numbers.

i just must write this line to avoid people thinking "well i buy this software run such an bot and by the end of the week i can stop working". That is simply not true, not with these type of safe-playing bots.

Primeys
Paid Subscriber

Postby Primeys » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Does those two bots come in the Beginner and Simple licence?

Primeys
Paid Subscriber

Postby Primeys » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:51 pm

Primeys wrote:Does those two bots come in the Beginner and Simple licence?

And where is this list on the forum you talk about? Platforms?

brace

Postby brace » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:16 pm

Custom bots should be used with a low/zero fee exchange. Where to find one?

I read about cryptsy in this forum but it seems not accepting new users, coinbase is too expensive (something Stephan told me indirectly in a support ticket, if i didn't get it wrong).

I am a beginner (beginner license + beginner experience with HTS, i have some experience in the stock market, but not as trader but long time investor) so the fully automated bot is a good idea to start.

the custom bots don't do profitable backtests at coinbase, where to use those?

basicus
Beta Tester

Postby basicus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:27 pm

Trade with them at huobi.com or okcoin.cn

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:32 pm

Thanks for posting this as well, now i can not only tell about it but also show it. :) I am very sure more people love to see this. ;)

Alright, lets first sum up what this was about... you have setup an custom bot at Coinbase Btc/Eur and this was not showing any profits when you ran the backtests. I did confirmed this and i was trying to explain the following image;

coinbaseeurbtc.png
Coinbase Btc/Eur spread with assumed trading prices

This is an spread chart which shows the orderbook of the past. The 2 lines you see here are the Ask and Bid prices from the orderbook of Coinbase Btc/Eur. I have added some extra lines to display the targets.

This is what you have tried to backtest and where you have been hoping to get profits from. It was an very logical thought, but as the screenshot shows its just very impossible. The spread of the orderbook is killing it here.

To avoid this from happening always select an market which has an high volume. The higher the volume the smaller the spread is, this just makes it easier to trade.

Try to setup any exchange with the same amount of fee (0.2%) and run exactly the same test. Watch how Bitfinex, BTC-e, Coinbase and all of them give you different (and better) results. This is why.

Its logical to look for a exchange with less fees. You could have an look to our Exchanges overview so see the data we have. But it will just tell you only half of the story. Watch the spread charts too and the get the complete picture. - You got the tools do this. ;)

brace

Postby brace » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I have TERRIBLE (word taken from the server console) ping time with the feeless exchanges, anyway after several attempts i managed to create a simulated account at OkCoin.

I tried to backtest Scalper bots on different exchanges, backtest results (2 weeks) using the scalper default settings:
Coinbase (real account) Gain -0,32 USD
bitfinex (simulated account) Gain: -0,38 USD
BTC-e (simulated account) Gain: -0.08 USD
OkCoin (simulated account) Gain: 1.15 CNY

So it seems the scalper custom give positive gain only on OkCoin (zero fee), in all the other exchanges the combination fee/spread makes the user lose.
In fact 1.15 CNY is 0.15 EUR, so 2 weeks of scalping for zero gain in fact.

It seems the "most beginner possible thing" is to set up trade bots.

Return to “Haasbot Trading Strategies”