This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Beginner - Help with Arbitrage

Share your Haasbot Trading Strategies and Configurations
Indiana Jones

Beginner - Help with Arbitrage

Postby Indiana Jones » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi Everyone.

I am very curious as I have now setup at least §5 different configurations with solid backtests and run them all for at least a few days and not a single trade has gone through!

I have looked ta the logs and there seems to be a lack of calculations based on the last 3 pairs i set.

I am wondering can anybody point me in the direction if a setup that might at least do something? Im on Bittrex, Bitfinex and Poloniex (although it is currently not active for me given Haasbots info on their API).

I just simply cant see how anyone uses this to do anything!

pshai
King of Scripts

Re: Beginner - Help with Arbitrage

Postby pshai » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:33 am

Hey Jones,

The sad truth is that arbitrage has become pointless without the speed of light. We are also removing these bots in the coming updates at some point, since they don't hold value. I know the idea of them seems so good and backtests show great results, but that's only the IDEAL situation where it could've got something out from the differences. But sadly, as cryptomarkets are flooded with new traders they also are flooded with bots. This means, that there will always be something or someone faster than your bot is, rendering itself useless. We could of course improve around this, but it's not really worth it.

We suggest you move on to the other kind of bots.

Hope this helps,
~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

regandunstan

Postby regandunstan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm still running version 3.0.73.0 so I still have access to the arbitrage bots. Mine too are not carrying out any trades. I have one set up with the following inputs:

BTC/USD
DASH/BTC
DASH/USD
BTC/USD
BTC/USD
BTC/USD

The bot log book all looks good and even displayed a potential of 5% profits for over an hour today. So why doesn't it even attempt to make any of the trades. I even pulled my calculator out and manually traded and that came out with profits. Can you please explain whats going on behind the scenes that we are missing?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:23 pm

I suspect the calculation which you have done is wrong. When you calculate a trading route of the triangle bot you must take the Bid and Ask prices in account.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Return to “Haasbot Trading Strategies”