This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Help with bitmex.

Share your Haasbot Trading Strategies and Configurations
Bootylicious

Help with bitmex.

Postby Bootylicious » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Hello

I have tested and tested and tested and tested 1000s of ways to make this bot buy and sell on Bitmex. I have done everything to get this bot to sell its position (short or long ). EVERY backtests will come back fine. The bot will place a buy (Short or long) but will not sell. Even the simplest easiest buy and sell method will not work. I divided up the channel to 50% buy 50% sell. Cross this line buy, cross this line Sell.

Question

1) What am I doing incorrectly?

2) Why does the backtest come back showing no problems?

3) how do I fix this?

4) do I need 2 separate bots with offsetting signals for LONG and for SHORT?

What I have tried? BETA mode, Low power mode, I do not use Safeties but i have tried with them and without them even tried Scripted safties for buy and sell % gain and loss. I really feel like i have tried everything under the sun. I do not ask questions lightly and I almost never post to forums.

How i buiild and test my bot?
Maybe I am doing something incorrectly.
1) Select Trade bot , hit + , Add information and create, Select Leverage ammount, Trade ammount, trade method, Save

2) Add Indicators , Edit indaicators starting with intervals, And i try and keep the intervals the same, i usually start with 15 and work my way down or up. I add adleast 2 indicators, However i also created ones with 3 that tested very well and even with 1 .Most of the time it feels like if you add an indicator that is currently RED (short/Sell) it will switch to Gree (long/Buy) and vise versa, i have noticed also when 1 signal is reversed it will do the exact same thing switch the other indicator to the opposite color.

3) I will add safties if I plan to use one and, always use insurances. I use my insurances as Safties. I find that
I can correct most backtests with Insurances.

4) Next i look at the model, i make sure the ball is able to get to the bottom of the model if not i reload the page, some times the ball just falls straight threw reloading corrects that, once that works i Back test for 24 hours, then i correct any flaws repeating my test method. once everything is correct i will test the bot with 10 contracts.

I dont think the bot has worked a single time for me. The only bot that has worked for selling is the scalping bot. However if i take that scalping bot to ANY OTHER EXCHANGE. Binance for example it will sell but then will not rebuy.

I am not looking for your trade strategies, I am not mad about lost money, I do not expect Haas bot to make me rich or pay my bills.
However I feel very frustrated with the ammount of time i have put into the bot and it either not working or it telling me that i am doing something incorrectly to at least correct it.

Sorry for wasting any of your time with my idiocy If this is my fault also for my gramatical errors. Promise I am not an idiot I just sound like one when i write/type. I really have tried everything I can think of before asking these questions.

Return to “Haasbot Trading Strategies”