This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

30M single TEMA

Share your Haasbot Trading Strategies and Configurations
AlBoKa

30M single TEMA

Postby AlBoKa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi,

what do you think about 30M TEMA 70/90/0 in ETH/EUR without something else? In my Backtests it takes all big highs and lows without any failtrade since 1. March.

Any Ideas how to grab more smaler moves to scalp a little bit?

Greez
BoKa
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG

stephan
Administrator

Re: 30M single TEMA

Postby stephan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Any Ideas how to grab more smaler moves to scalp a little bit?

Do not try to improve this one to much. This is a good working strategy. I would strongly advice to design a second scalping bot, because if you do then you are spreading your options and that would be the best way to trade. ;)
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:19 am

Nice strategy! Works well on some market in Poloniex too (15min and 30min intervals tested).
I agree with Stephan; I would also leave this as it is and create a scalper separately. The scalper might be good for some other market condition, but it would most likely make more trades which can lead to more risks and fees to pay. But if you figure out something that can sell earlier than your TEMAs, you could make it a master indicator to pick better sell situations. But as for now, I would just leave it as is.

~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

AlBoKa

Postby AlBoKa » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Thx :)

I think, on ETH/EUR is Bot-Scalping with high timeframe rly hard to realise. But i will be continue to try to find a way that works and share my results with you :)

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:03 pm

I think, on ETH/EUR is Bot-Scalping with high timeframe rly hard to realise.

No, this is more easy then it looks. But its about where to look, let me give you some good pointers so you can understand what is happening, why and how to deal with it.

1. The time interval is very important. When you use a short/small time interval then you will be getting small trades. this is happening because the interval is small. With a small interval the price differences are not so great. - This learns that the higher the time interval is set, the bigger the price differences become and the easier it is to make profits.

2. About 99% of the sideways indicators have the intention to oversell and overbuy. The signals are coming to early and this is impacting your profits. Just accept this as a fact and add some delay to the signal. For example, if you delay a RSI with 3 or 6 candles then your profit go up big time.

3. All the sideways indicators are analyzing the price trend and most of the time there is a Length setting available. This might look complex, but this length is referring to the amount of candles the indicator uses to find a high or low point in the price trend. So if i say... go count candles to see what includes a high and a low point, then it should sound very logical. :)

Small note on the length setting; I have written you need an high and low point. But a very well tuned sideways indicator should always include 2 high and low points. This gives the best output, but is also the hardest thing to do.

4. Losses during backtests are normal. Try to watch the price chart closely, what do you see? There are only 2 trend types: sideways and trending. So you can expect to see both of them. You can also expect your sideways strategy to fail when the markets gets trending because sideways is the total opposite of trending. So seeing losses can be very normal, when it can be explained by a trending market momentum.

Of course points 2, 3 and 4 are a big job to do... wrong... this is why we build the indicator scanner. When you run a scan then you will see that several of these advises return. The scanner is build to tell you about the best settings. When you use this please be aware you need to select the setting which is shown in the middle. For example, if setting numbers 10-16 show up as good, then select 13 as setting. This will be the sweatspot and this will preform best in the coming future.

I hope this helps. ;)
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Return to “Haasbot Trading Strategies”