This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Just a simple strategy (ETH)

Share your Haasbot Trading Strategies and Configurations
stephan
Administrator

Just a simple strategy (ETH)

Postby stephan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Most people ask me for some secret strategy which is always profitable. Most of the times i tell them they must keep things simple, you can reach so much more by doing so less. So why choose the hard way?

Let me give an brief example... I'm (like everybody else) investing into ETH, the numbers are just good. But how do i invest exactly? Well, I'm NOT running trading indicator at the moment. It has no direct use because its fragile, the trading indicators are based on the principle of good volume and predictability. So how to solve this?

Well i just have an few bots setup with an drop-loss. No more, no less. Just a fixed drop-loss and i adjust this fixed number at a daily rate.

So how does it work?
I got about 50 ETH invested on several exchanges, my drop-loss was set to 0.0230 and today i am setup with 0.0270.

A very simple sum tell me i have earned 50 ETH * (0.0270 - 0.0230) = 0.2 BTC.

This is it people, do not think to hard. Do not assume many trades equals high profits because its NOT true. Just use time as your friend.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

pshai
King of Scripts

Re: Just a simple strategy (ETH)

Postby pshai » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:43 pm

I don't understand how Stop-Loss would work - I mean, when do you buy? If you buy below your stop-loss, it'll just instantly sell them, right? So how the hell does it work? :/
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:44 pm

With this strategy is does not matter when you buy, anytime is good.

At the very first beginning you setup an lower price to sell with the drop-loss. This is odd because it looks like you want to lose. But that is not true, the goal is to set your price each day higher. So in time you just sell for an higher price.

In the event the price drops and the drop-loss price get hit then the bot will sell your coins. All you have to do is buy back any time later and repeat the whole proces.

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:40 am

Ah, thanks for the explanation. So it's used more as a tool instead of an automated bot.. :P

lucasferrer10

Postby lucasferrer10 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:29 pm

Ok,

The price is .190 and I buy ETH, can I set a stop loss - fixed price higher than my purchase price of .190, for example a .230? (I assume this is the safety function you are referring to, correct me if I am wrong please).

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:18 am

pshai wrote:Ah, thanks for the explanation. So it's used more as a tool instead of an automated bot.. :P

Yes that is true indeed. You can use this both as a automated bot and as a tool. In fact it does not matter, as long as you are making profits its all good to me. :)

lucasferrer10 wrote:Ok,

The price is .190 and I buy ETH, can I set a stop loss - fixed price higher than my purchase price of .190, for example a .230? (I assume this is the safety function you are referring to, correct me if I am wrong please).

The first step is the hardest one. In the beginning you are buying in for an higher price and your stop-loss is set to an lower price, in a way this is odd because you are saying you want to have losses. But that is not true of course, the chance you are right is 66%. Only 33% chance describes an downtrend and losses.

When you adjust at a daily rate you will adjust the stop-loss price upward, this will pass the investment price in a couple of days. Its just a real waiting game, but it really works like a charm. - There is just 1 big possible downside to this, if the downtrend starts and goes on you must have patience to wait it out. This is hard but just keep in mind every day you wait and the price drops, you are earning too because on the end you can invest much more again.

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:48 pm

This actually gave me an idea of a safety, or more like an indicator... Just like dynamic stop-loss, but it can only set the limit one direction: higher. ;) Then you could combine it with an indicator which only makes buys for you - then let this new kind of "stop-loss" sell it....

~awesome paint skills

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Damn this is already such an easy strategy, but you want to make it even more easy. :D

We like it! This can worked out in both directions too (think about going short on margin or leverage trading)

We will add in the "Pump" and the "Dump" safeties. They will work like you have suggested, with something which does not adjust back and which stops trading after execution. - Because this is so easy and predictable, it will be added to the Beginner license and up. ;)

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:12 am

stephan wrote:Damn this is already such an easy strategy, but you want to make it even more easy. :D

We like it! This can worked out in both directions too (think about going short on margin or leverage trading)

We will add in the "Pump" and the "Dump" safeties. They will work like you have suggested, with something which does not adjust back and which stops trading after execution. - Because this is so easy and predictable, it will be added to the Beginner license and up. ;)

Haha :D Sounds great! Also, just to make sure you got it right, I think the "Pump" safety should be something like this (reversed "Dump"):

EDIT: These can also be automated together... :D When coin position is switched to "Bought", the "Dump" will activate, and vice versa.

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:43 pm

This is cherry picked of course to show the essence at it best, but this is what i prepared so far...

pricepump.png

As you can see the price is allowed to adjust downward too, but the safety will sell before this adjustments happens.

Comments are very welcome. This one is now adjusting each 10minutes but i made this number free to adjust.

1 more small thing... this bot will not be deactivated if the sell happens. We have been talking about it and if you setup an bot with this then it can only sell. It can not buy back so trading gets stopped anyway. (feel free to comment about this too)

Return to “Haasbot Trading Strategies”