This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

[MACD + RSI] Scalper for volatile markets

Share your Haasbot Trading Strategies and Configurations
pshai
King of Scripts

[MACD + RSI] Scalper for volatile markets

Postby pshai » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:28 pm

MACD + RSI for volatile markets
This simple and easy-to-setup indicator combo fits in almost any intervals and markets, but I think it's best used in sideways-volatile markets for the best profit.
I might have some unnecessary settings for this bot, but you guys can help me out.

The basics:
The idea of this bot is to buy with MACD and sell with RSI. The RSI would also be replaced with any other suitable for scalping.
MACD indicator should be set up as the master indicator though, so the RSI won't mix any sell signals right after MACD's buy signals.
It should be buying with pretty good timings and sell as soon as MACD isn't sending BUY signal and the prices have gone up a bit for RSI to signal SELL.

The Setup
- For this setup I'm currently using 1 minute interval to everything.

Safeties:
Stop-Loss dynamic price
- Minutes before adjustment: 60 (or anything you like)
- Adjust to percentage: 98% (or anything you like)

Indicators:
MACD (5/10/9, MACD-Signal cross)
- Set this indicator to Master Indicator
- Use only BUY signal

RSI (15/30/70)
- Do NOT set this as Master Indicator
- Use only SELL signal

Insurances:
For insurances I'm currently using "Never sell cheaper" and "Overcome double the fees", but you can use what you feel fits the best.
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

Theo
Administrator

Re: [MACD + RSI] Scalper for volatile markets

Postby Theo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:50 am

Hi,
I would do away with the insurances and just use both the macd and rsi as normal indicators for buy and sell.
Having two or three indicators should be enough to filter out noise and avoid lots of losses due to fees.
Try this on 12min or 20 min for scalping and 2.5 hours and above for longer term trades.
It might not trade that much but it should catch some good prices.

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:44 am

Hi Theo,

Thanks for the tips! Yours actually worked better... :lol: Ongoing with profits now..
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

lucasferrer10

Postby lucasferrer10 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi Theo when you say 12 or 25 minutes, do you mean the trade interval or the parameters on the safety? Do you recommend short or long parameters on the safety?

Theo
Administrator

Postby Theo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:47 am

Hi Theo when you say 12 or 25 minutes, do you mean the trade interval or the parameters on the safety? Do you recommend short or long parameters on the safety?

12 or 25 for the indicator interval

saftey tight 60 min 99% and 101% on roof in - gets you out early, risk of getting triggered too much

saftey normal 180 98% and 102 % - risk of getting triggered too much is low, wont catch the very start of the dump or pump but will get you out
saftey liberal 480min 98% and 102% - only acts on BIG movements

ehsan

Postby ehsan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:56 am

pshai wrote:MACD + RSI for volatile markets
This simple and easy-to-setup indicator combo fits in almost any intervals and markets, but I think it's best used in sideways-volatile markets for the best profit.
I might have some unnecessary settings for this bot, but you guys can help me out.

The basics:
The idea of this bot is to buy with MACD and sell with RSI. The RSI would also be replaced with any other suitable for scalping.
MACD indicator should be set up as the master indicator though, so the RSI won't mix any sell signals right after MACD's buy signals.
It should be buying with pretty good timings and sell as soon as MACD isn't sending BUY signal and the prices have gone up a bit for RSI to signal SELL.

The Setup
- For this setup I'm currently using 1 minute interval to everything.

Safeties:
Stop-Loss dynamic price
- Minutes before adjustment: 60 (or anything you like)
- Adjust to percentage: 98% (or anything you like)

Indicators:
MACD (5/10/9, MACD-Signal cross)
- Set this indicator to Master Indicator
- Use only BUY signal

RSI (15/30/70)
- Do NOT set this as Master Indicator
- Use only SELL signal

Insurances:
For insurances I'm currently using "Never sell cheaper" and "Overcome double the fees", but you can use what you feel fits the best.

Two questions here:
1. Why master signal? (you have only one buy signal)
2. What is the value of "Never sell chipper Insurance"?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:42 am

I think its good to make 1 step back and then go 2 steps forward. What does this strategy do, what does the indicators mean?

The MACD is a typical trending indicator, it can detect price trending trends and respond to it. This means it will not work well for sideways markets.

The RSI is a typical sideways indicator, it assumes the price is sideways and using a price index it tries to define the price position, is it high or is it low?

This is the base-line of this strategy, the base logic behind it.

When pshai compiled it he determined that the signals have to be a formula, like this:
- The MACD has to signal BUY and then this strategy can BUY.
- The RSI has to signal SELL and then this strategy can SELL.

The setting of the master indicator may be forgotten, because 1 indicator is producing the BUY and the other is producing the SELL.

So what will happen? Well, if the prices become trending in a uptrend the the MACD will begin to signal the BUY signal. After the bot has bought it will watch the RSI, so it will ask itself the question are we having a high price? If that becomes true then the strategy will SELL. In essence the RSI will create a scalping sell signal. (which is momentum based)

The safeties are there to keep things safe. Think about a moment where the MACD has bought because it thought a uptrend was beginning and then all the sudden it goes wrong, it becomes a downtrend. At that moment you have bought and the stop-loss safety will be present to safe your coins. If the down-trend proceeds then the safety will be hit and you will sell your coins with a small loss to avoid bigger losses. That is the essence of a safety, this is perfect.

The insuranes are a mind thing, i understand people use it but be aware i do advice against it. You should not need any insuraces if your strategy is good enough. However pshai added a "Never sell cheaper" and this was wise to do. This insurance does not need a setting, the only thing it does it watch your last buying price and reflect it on the potential selling price. If you are in a loss then it will block the trade, else it will allow it.

Pshai was right when he said this "Never sell cheaper" insurance will avoid a fight between the MACD and the RSI. This indeed make sure this strategy will wait a little untill after the MACD has bought. Because of the simple reason how this insurance works, it watches the last buying price compared to the current selling price.

The "Overcome double fees" are a little bit overkill. In fact this is overruling the "Never sell cheaper" insurance and it demands the price goes up 2x the fee percentage before a trade is allowed. Same goes for buying back, the price must drop 2x the fee percentage. This insurance will ensure the profits but at the same time it will hold the trading back, the demand of this insurance is high, two times the fee percentage can be to much. I would advice to use the "Fee overcome" to lower the demand and still ensure profits. The direct result of this is more trades and less profit per trade.

I hope this explains a little how this strategy is working. This strategy is a good one, the logic behind it is solid.

Now i am going to deep, i know, but i still wanted to point this out... The sell momentum of the RSI can be better. The RSI is known to signal to early (overbuying and overselling) and we can compensate for this. I would recommend to set a deviation of 3 or 6 to delay the RSI. If you delay the signal just a little then the momentum gets better. :)
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

ehsan

Postby ehsan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:30 am

How we can make this strategy even better?
We know that Alt Coins Prices are reversal of Bitcoin price. So, here is the question: How we can use this as reversal signal to trading bot? When Bitcoin is Bullish, trade bot switches to sell mode.

Theo
Administrator

Postby Theo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Code: Select all

How we can make this strategy even better?
We know that Alt Coins Prices are reversal of Bitcoin price. So, here is the question: How we can use this as reversal signal to trading bot? When Bitcoin is Bullish, trade bot switches to sell mode.

Use cross exchange signals.
For example instead of using the pair you are trading with for your trade signal while trading ALT/BTC use BTC/USD as a trade signal.
However I would only recomend this with a simple set up using only roof out and drop in instead of roof out drop loss

-Theo

EclecticDilettante

Postby EclecticDilettante » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:54 pm

So, in the end are you using the indicators as a pair or as independent buy/sell.

I am following Theo's setting with 2.5h intervals + default settings for macd and rsi.

Return to “Haasbot Trading Strategies”