This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Bot does inverse...

Explain and discuss different trading strategies.
frank
Beta Tester

Bot does inverse...

Postby frank » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:31 pm

tried something small

stochastic

never sell cheaper insurance..

seems bot buys high /sells low..

anyone have a step by step example that can make this tradebot work ?

what filters/indicators/insurance to put and what amount ?

just a starting base would be ok

Phillis
Administrator

Re: Bot does inverse...

Postby Phillis » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:13 pm

the bot won't sell cheaper unless you have a safety. Safeties do not go through insurances, so keep that in mind ;)

frank
Beta Tester

Postby frank » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:56 pm

i dont understand...

also it seems all polo drk history is bad.. 0.0006 from a backtest... this fucks up my history and then bot goes berzerk and buys for ntohing..

right now, nothing works AT all on the web interface, it seems like the APPLICATION had decent SIMPLE configurations while the WEB one, is buggy as hell, and not close to be done.

LOREM ISPULUM text etc etc,

Can you show me a STEP by STEP way to get data updated for poloniex DRK/BTC ?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:54 am

At the moment we are still running on the old cache server, and on this server we have registered the sell prices instead of the buy prices. We know this and we already have setup a new cache server registering the correct prices. But this new server did not yet pass our tests and this is a must for releasing this.

The trading itself is not affected, the prices that do come in are valid. So at the current moment only the backtest is affected by this. We CAN improve this directly but it will kust break the backtest even more. Because if we switched over suddenly now all prices will have an strange peak. And this is just not wanted.

The sell prices itself are very, very close to the buy prices and the software deals with this difference too. So yes the backtest is not fully valid at the current moment, but its close enough to be reasonable acceptable.

The release of the server system that we prepared will be noticeable. Initially you will see an big increase in overall stability and prices and then suddenly you will notice some nicer charts will show up. I am pointing to the high and low values in the charts.

And true some translations are behind, but we made sure the wiki can cover for this. We will of course add those text soon, but first the big things like the server framework release, the benefit outweights the translations benefit.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Postby cryptocrooks » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:20 pm

If the indicators are doing the inverse remove safeties and insurances to make sure that is actually happening. Once you are only running indicators, then add insurances or safeties one at a time.
----
Our blog and website!
http://www.cryptocrooks.com
Helping you find your way with bitcoin, from buying to securing and beyond!

Return to “Trading Strategy Discussion”