This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Arbitrage

Explain and discuss different trading strategies.
Phillis
Administrator

Re: Arbitrage

Postby Phillis » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:45 pm

BTCChaz wrote:Is there a reason why you wouldn't add all of the currencies as options? Won't the arbitrage bot find the best matches that way? I've only been using this since yesterday.

Thanks

yeah well you want to choose currency pairs with some volume (so that your trades will go through). I always choose currencies with exchange volumes of 10-15 btc per day or higher, but everyone has their own preference.

Pl4t0

Postby Pl4t0 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Ok so say you have exactly 0.25 BTC on an exchange and you have two bots. One bot for arbitrage and one for high/low. Can you set both bots to run at a trade of 0.2? will they "share" the funds or would you need a total of 0.4 in the account to make it work?

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Pl4t0 wrote:Ok so say you have exactly 0.25 BTC on an exchange and you have two bots. One bot for arbitrage and one for high/low. Can you set both bots to run at a trade of 0.2? will they "share" the funds or would you need a total of 0.4 in the account to make it work?

you should allocate funds for each as there could be instances where they both try to trade at the same time, which would cause problems.

ledje
Beta Tester

Postby ledje » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:34 am

So anyone seeing some arbitrage being done ? i only see partial successes on cryptsy.

blackboxalpha
Paid Subscriber

Postby blackboxalpha » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:54 am

Phillis wrote:.1% is fine, the higher you set it, the less likely trades will occur.

Does the percentage in the trigger level consider the trade fees? Seems like the trades would eat up 0.1% profit...

For example, Cryptsy charges a 0.33% fee. If a full arb trade includes a LTC/BTC, DASH/LTC, DASH/BTC, that's 0.99%. Seems to me that if you set your trigger level to 0.1% profit you will lose money very quickly.

...unless the trigger level does calculate for trade fees???

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:13 am

yes, the arbitrage bot already takes fees into account, so your profit threshold is already after fee costs.

blackboxalpha
Paid Subscriber

Postby blackboxalpha » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:36 pm

Phillis wrote:yes, the arbitrage bot already takes fees into account, so your profit threshold is already after fee costs.

Good news, thank you.

Return to “Trading Strategy Discussion”