This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Arbitrage

Explain and discuss different trading strategies.
n2nshadow
Paid Subscriber

Arbitrage

Postby n2nshadow » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:17 am

I was really hoping someone could explain arbitage bots and how to use them for our gain?

revise
Paid Subscriber

Re: Arbitrage

Postby revise » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:32 am

n2nshadow wrote:I was really hoping someone could explain arbitage bots and how to use them for our gain?

Seconded. I've tried to get one started on several exchanges, left them running for a while, never any success =(

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:30 am

Explanation about what it does is here: https://wiki.haasonline.com/Arbitrage_Bot and here https://www.haasonline.com/features/. But yeah, it really depends on the threshold you set up. Mine doesn't execute trades that often, as I can assume a lot of people run these bots on the altcoins that have some volume.

Guide on how to set it up: https://wiki.haasonline.com/Setting_up_an_Arbitrage_Bot

n2nshadow
Paid Subscriber

Postby n2nshadow » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks. Do you recommend using the default .1% or changing it to .5% as shown in the guide?

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:38 pm

.1% is fine, the higher you set it, the less likely trades will occur.

Dracolumina
Paid Subscriber

Postby Dracolumina » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:32 pm

I still can't get it to do the arbitrage on Cex. it fires off the trade signals ( and I have it set to do 1 ghs and I have 9) but the trades always time out.

n2nshadow
Paid Subscriber

Postby n2nshadow » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Mine seem to be doing trades, although I see it time out occasionally in the logs.

I'm currently using cryptsy, figured having more markets would help. The downside being the lack of forced market orders. I'm still not really grasping most of this though, so I'll keep after it till I get the idea.

Next questions. Say I select my base currency as BTC, now I add a few markets to trade across. I use Cryptsy so I choose the 3 main markets, LTC/BTC, LTC/XRP, BTC/XRP Is this correct? Or should I to add other coins in the mix, like Doge? So now I got DOGE/BTC, DOGE/XRP, DOGE/LTC, involved as well? Also is this trading done instantly to bring a profit back to your base currency, or is this done over a set time? Would adding more markets increase your chances? Will having 2 bots with different base currency, but using the same markets work for or against you?

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:41 pm

n2nshadow wrote:Mine seem to be doing trades, although I see it time out occasionally in the logs.

I'm currently using cryptsy, figured having more markets would help. The downside being the lack of forced market orders. I'm still not really grasping most of this though, so I'll keep after it till I get the idea.

Next questions. Say I select my base currency as BTC, now I add a few markets to trade across. I use Cryptsy so I choose the 3 main markets, LTC/BTC, LTC/XRP, BTC/XRP Is this correct? Or should I to add other coins in the mix, like Doge? So now I got DOGE/BTC, DOGE/XRP, DOGE/LTC, involved as well? Also is this trading done instantly to bring a profit back to your base currency, or is this done over a set time? Would adding more markets increase your chances? Will having 2 bots with different base currency, but using the same markets work for or against you?

if you base currency is BTC, add as many high volume currencies as possible that have a relationship with BTC. You may also want to look at verifying an account so you can also include USD/BTC and USD/Altcoins into the mix. With that said, I primarily focus my trades via the trade bot, but the arbitrage bot is nice to have running for some nice small profits.

n2nshadow
Paid Subscriber

Postby n2nshadow » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Has anyone set any paths for bittrex? They don't have any ltc or usd markets. Seem's the BC markets are not included?

BTCChaz
Paid Subscriber

Postby BTCChaz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Is there a reason why you wouldn't add all of the currencies as options? Won't the arbitrage bot find the best matches that way? I've only been using this since yesterday.

Thanks

Return to “Trading Strategy Discussion”