This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Recommended exchanges

Explain and discuss different trading strategies.
tchenley
Paid Subscriber

Recommended exchanges

Postby tchenley » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:07 pm

Cex.IO and Cryptsy have latency issues with the bot. What exchange(s) would you recommend that don't have as many issues with latency but don't have outrageous fees?

basicus
Beta Tester

Re: Recommended exchanges

Postby basicus » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:45 am

Bittrex works pretty perfectly at the moment. Poloniex has issues with API and the site currently.

Edit: Looks like Poloniex has sorted their issues.

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:30 am

i mainly trade on bitstamp and bitfinex, i barely have any issues with latency issues.

clevernut
Paid Subscriber

Postby clevernut » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:18 am

BitFinex ;)

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:31 pm

On one of the coming releases there will be something that will increase performance on the APIs. At the moment we are working on 2 systems to increase stability even more.

The first system will be a fall-back system to our own cache server. With this system we hope to fill any price gaps in case an API fails to respond. The direct effect will be that prices of unstable or slow exchanges almost always will come in. (the time-out will not be needed anymore for this)

The second system will be implementing the push APIs where possible. We know some exchanges have Push APIs and those can provide prices quicker then the method we are using right now. The push APIs where long unstable, but these days they are stable enough to be used. We will first begin by adding this for price tracking only at OKCoin and BTCChina. From here we want to add it to all the APIs where possible. The current system (Rest) will remain and most likely will not be used anymore in the future. However, it will remain there and it will remain maintained just in case the Push API fails for some reason.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Criscros72
Paid Subscriber

Postby Criscros72 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi,

concerning the API issues: does anyone have an update on the exchanges that work good (or bad) with the bot, without latency issues ?

Are there still latency issues / problems with the API of CRYPTSY ?

Thanks!

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Criscros72 wrote:Hi,

concerning the API issues: does anyone have an update on the exchanges that work good (or bad) with the bot, without latency issues ?

Are there still latency issues / problems with the API of CRYPTSY ?

Thanks!

It depends where you are trading from (your geographical location) and the API (geographical location). One thing people do is set up a windows VPS near where the API of the main exchange is located. ;)

Criscros72
Paid Subscriber

Postby Criscros72 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:35 am

Thank you, I will make some tests then and see how the APIs work for me...

Another question related to APIS and Arbitrage:

I read in the wiki that arbitrage should be done on exchanges with API that provide support for native market orders...

I couldn't find clear statements if the exchange supports native API or not but I read some comments that BTC-e does not provide support for native market orders. Does this mean that Arbitrage on Btc-e will not work at all or is there a big risk of slippage ?

I tried to research about this and all I found was some other trading software that state how they work around this:

In other cases (BTC-e, for example) the exchange doesn't provide the necessary order type, so the engine must approximate a market order by fetching the order book and placing a limit order at the best price.

The downside of this is that market prices can change quite quickly. In the short amount of time between the moment we receive the order book and when we place your order, the order book may have changed. To account for this, we apply a short timeout to these orders and automatically adjust the price if they have not filled within a 10-second window. This will happen up to a maximum of three times; at that point, if your order hasn't filled, it will be cancelled.

Does the Haasbot function in the same way? Is it possible to use arbitrage with BTC-e and do you have some experience with this ?

Thank you again, C

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Postby cryptocrooks » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:14 pm

BTC-E IS MY FAVORITE.
1 - NO VERIFICATION FOR USD/BTC
2 - NEVER API ISSUES.
3 - Quick trade completion (~30 seconds)
----
Our blog and website!
http://www.cryptocrooks.com
Helping you find your way with bitcoin, from buying to securing and beyond!

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Postby cryptocrooks » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:21 pm

I've had good luck with the coppack curve indicator and a stochastic, the stochastic gives momentary buy/sell signals while the coppack gives extended signals.
Anyone else have ideas? The trading strategies forum needs more posts!
----
Our blog and website!
http://www.cryptocrooks.com
Helping you find your way with bitcoin, from buying to securing and beyond!

Return to “Trading Strategy Discussion”