This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Trades always Timing Out - Never Completing

These bug reports and support issues have been resolved. This section can be used as a reference to resolve any common bugs or support issues.

How often are your trades completed on exchanges through Haasbot?

Always
No votes
Most of the time
67%
Never
33%

Total votes: 6

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Trades always Timing Out - Never Completing

Postby cryptocrooks » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:20 am

I have used haasbot since the beta in November-ish. I used the beta and fell in love.

Now, I cannot the bot never trades on CEX. It completed one buy order miraculously last week, but was not able to go through with the sell order. It bought at 286 and issued a trade order at 293, but it never went through, I checked the log and it would time out in 10 minutes and 10 seconds.

Keep in mind, I am only running one bot to limit my problems, with one indicator, one safety, and one insurance. The MACDhistorgram is not trading, and this is utterly frustrating.

I realize CEX doesn't have the best volume, but I prefer exchanges without verification. Trades were made on buying and selling with the beta months ago.

I do limit orders as specified by the support group. I cannot figure out what the problem is and have sent my error log package via "about" several times.

I have teamviewer and skype on the computer that runs haasbot. Everything runs perfectly, except trading!

Someone please help, PM me for my contact information.
If anyone has any questions, I'll be on this forum like sticky stuff on tape.

Thanks guys! (and girls)

EDIT: Read the sticky, I was running 1.2.5, I was trading BTC/USD with dynamic drop loss and overcome fee costs. I'm updating to 1.3 right now, I saw fixed CEX.io read error, hopefully it's that!!! :)
----
Our blog and website!
http://www.cryptocrooks.com
Helping you find your way with bitcoin, from buying to securing and beyond!

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Re: Trades always Timing Out - Never Completing

Postby cryptocrooks » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:16 am

I updated! I opened the program and backtested my bot over the last 7 days, sadly no profit comes up and despite being "all-in" the bot says "the amount is too low". I am using a period of 60 minutes, with the SMA at 6, the LMA at 9, and the signal MA at 10 (default).

I will run the bot over night to see if any trades go through, hopefully the update fixed it. I also verified the settings to make sure it is making limit orders.
Good night!
----
Our blog and website!

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:52 am

cryptocrooks wrote:I updated! I opened the program and backtested my bot over the last 7 days, sadly no profit comes up and despite being "all-in" the bot says "the amount is too low". I am using a period of 60 minutes, with the SMA at 6, the LMA at 9, and the signal MA at 10 (default).

I will run the bot over night to see if any trades go through, hopefully the update fixed it. I also verified the settings to make sure it is making limit orders.
Good night!

if the bot says amount too low, you need to check your position.

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Postby cryptocrooks » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:13 pm

That is not the problem. I know how to solve the position is too low, switch to all-in and check bought/sold position. I suppose i was complicating it by talking about problems while back-testing. I'll describe my situation as it occurred last night with version 1.3.1.

Last night BTC/USD MACDhistogram bot attempted to make a sell order, the bot was "running, perfect" I was on my bought side which has about more than $40 of BTC. I activated the bot and it issued a trade, which was cancelled immediately after it was sent(?) to the exchange. It is a simple bot with one insurance and drop loss, the indicator said to sell and it tried but it did not work.

The computer running the bot is not in my physical proximity, I will be able to access it in 7 hours. I am UTC -5 hours, it is 10:12 here currently.
----
Our blog and website!

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Postby cryptocrooks » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Noticed the new update, got it installed today. I removed my BTC from CEX, put it into BTC-E where there are no problems issuing trades, I posted my setup on another part of the site. "Making profitable trades during price declines".

I did keep my DOGE in CEX for arbitrage, small amount 1300. A bubble appears every ten seconds - "Order failed: market sell 1300 DOGE @ CEX". I noticed it says market, and I was told those timeouts are quicker, but I'm not sure where to adjust those settings on the arbitrage bot.

Code: Select all

2015-14-01 09:13:36   |ERROR|   Cex.IO: Error placing limit order: {"error":"Error: Place order error: Insufficient funds."}
2015-14-01 09:13:36   |DEBUG|   An APIException occurred: Cex.IO: Error placing limit order: {"error":"Error: Place order error: Insufficient funds."}
      Platform: Cex.IO
      API Last message: {"error":"Error: Place order error: Insufficient funds."}

TradeServer.API.DataObjects.APIException: Cex.IO: Error placing limit order: {"error":"Error: Place order error: Insufficient funds."} ---> CexIO.CexIoException: {"error":"Error: Place order error: Insufficient funds."} ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
         at CexIO.Order.Parse(JObject o, CexIOCurrencyExchange currencyPair)
         at CexIO.CexIoAPI.a(CexIOCurrencyExchange A_0, ORDER_TYPE A_1, Decimal A_2, Decimal A_3)
         --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
         at CexIO.CexIoAPI.a(CexIOCurrencyExchange A_0, ORDER_TYPE A_1, Decimal A_2, Decimal A_3)
         at CexIO.CexIoAPI.h.Invoke(Object& A_0, Arguments A_1, Object A_2)
         at PostSharp.Aspects.Internals.MethodInterceptionArgsImpl`1.Proceed()
         at DevHelper.Aspects.Caching.ClearAPICacheOnExecutionAttribute.OnInvoke(MethodInterceptionArgs args)
         at CexIO.CexIoAPI.PlaceOrder(CexIOCurrencyExchange currencyExchange, ORDER_TYPE type, Decimal amount, Decimal price)
         at TradeServer.API.DataObjects.Exchanges.ExchangePlatformCexIO.ExecuteLimitOrder(CurrencyExchange currencyExchange, enumOrderType orderType, Decimal price, Decimal amount)
         --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
         at TradeServer.API.DataObjects.Exchanges.ExchangePlatformCexIO.ExecuteLimitOrder(CurrencyExchange currencyExchange, enumOrderType orderType, Decimal price, Decimal amount)
         at TradeServer.API.DataObjects.Exchanges.ExchangePlatform.ExecuteLimitOrder(CurrencyExchange currencyExchange, enumOrderType orderType, Decimal price, Decimal amount, Boolean executeDoubleMargin)
         at TradeServer.API.DataObjects.Exchanges.ExchangePlatform.PlaceLimitOrder(CurrencyExchange currencyExchange, enumOrderType orderType, Decimal price, Decimal amount, Boolean executeDoubleMargin)
2015-14-01 09:13:36   |DEBUG|   System.Exception: Unable to get order execution confirmation, order : Order 06f4dea5-91e8-489b-8035-d355ac3258c2: Market Sell 1300.00000000 Doge @ CexIO
      Last API exception: 9:13 AM   Unhandled error: {"error":"Error: Place order error: Insufficient funds."}  ->  Cex.IO: Error placing limit order: {"error":"Error: Place order error: Insufficient funds."}
         at TradeServer.OrdersEngine.Controller.OrderEngine.ExecuteOrderNow(TrackedOrder order)

According to the debug log, seems like I don't have that amount of DOGE on CEX anymore. SO that makes sense I believe the arbitrage bot traded but didn't complete it to DOGE. SInce I withdrew my BTC, that was the aim.
Attachments
arbfail.JPG
notification for arbitrage order failure
arbfail.JPG (21.19 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
----
Our blog and website!

Andi
Beta Tester

Postby Andi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi,

I'm having same problems with CEX.io but I get most time of trade attempts the error from CEX.io: "Nonce must be incremented".
Then haasbot thinks the order failed but it never get's over to CEX.io.

BTC-E no problem at all, but no doge trading ;)

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Postby cryptocrooks » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Weird, my BTC-E problems have just started occasionally it fails to validate my authentication.

Andi check out my trading strategies on that forum, let's get a conversation going. I'm interested in hearing your strategies.
----
Our blog and website!

Andi
Beta Tester

Postby Andi » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:06 am

Hey cryptocrooks,
cryptocrooks wrote:Andi check out my trading strategies on that forum, let's get a conversation going. I'm interested in hearing your strategies.

i would like to do so also, but I just began trading and now I'm fighting against the "invoke" error reported in those forums, cannot get the trade bot to work for more than one day.
I'm resorting to viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23 as my only strategy till i can get the bot working longer ;)

cryptocrooks
Beta Tester

Postby cryptocrooks » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. I got the beta, with different problems, but it trades and the API hasn't disconnected, yet.
Also, the 2.0 interface takes some getting used to, since I don't know where to check what's blocking trades, because th bots are running but they aren't trading, must be an insurance or something but I have no way of telling.

I would PM the admin for the beta, they'll launch it soon, but we'll see.
----
Our blog and website!

rdewilde
Beta Tester

Postby rdewilde » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Andi wrote:Hi,

I'm having same problems with CEX.io but I get most time of trade attempts the error from CEX.io: "Nonce must be incremented".

Create a new API key.

Return to “Resolved Issues”