This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Unable to access Margin wallet on Bitfinex [was: Unable to access wallet or Backtest bots on BitFinex]

Can't figure out how to get a specific feature working? Ask for help here.
swampwallaby

Unable to access Margin wallet on Bitfinex [was: Unable to access wallet or Backtest bots on BitFinex]

Postby swampwallaby » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Been trying to set this up for a few days now. Ran into problems on Windows and managed to stuff my installation so re-installed on a Fedora 26 linux box.

Got it up and running quite quickly. Generated a new API for my BitFinex account and added ti the Price Drivers & Accounts screen. I have a green tick in the 'Key Authoriszed' column and the 'Manage Price Drivers' is showing 1 x key against Bitfinex.

If I go to the Marketview page, I get an updating market view of my selected pair.

However, if I go to the Wallet Assets page and cursor over my BitFinex account, I get a spinning circle and 'Loading Wallet data' in the right hand screen that never completes. I never get to see any wallet data.

Also, when I create and configure a test Scalper bot, the 'Dollar' symbol remains read (wiki indicates account is offline) and when I try and do a back test, I never get any results not matter what parameters I use.

Screenshots included. Any help appreciated.
Attachments
haas2.jpg
haas1.jpg
haas3.jpg
Last edited by swampwallaby on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

swampwallaby

Re: Unable to access wallet or Backtest bots on BitFinex

Postby swampwallaby » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:57 am

Update: Further playing around has shown that I can access and trade with funds in my Bitfinex Exchange wallet by creating a 'Spot' account in Haas.

However, when I create a Haas 'margin' account, it cannot see or use the funds in my Bitfinex Margin wallet.

I did check the correct permissions on Bitfinex to access my Margin wallet when creating the API key.

What have I missed?

Thanks.

Bunka

Re: Unable to access Margin wallet on Bitfinex [was: Unable to access wallet or Backtest bots on BitFinex]

Postby Bunka » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:58 am

Those accounts (spot/margin) are divided on exchange also, so you need to transfer it on exchange first, that it will be shown.

swampwallaby

Re: Unable to access Margin wallet on Bitfinex [was: Unable to access wallet or Backtest bots on BitFinex]

Postby swampwallaby » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Thanks Bunka,

But I have already transferred the funds on the exchange from the Spot wallet ('Exchange wallet in Bitfinex parlance) and the Margin wallet, Haas just does not see it.

I noticed a similar issue raised in the forum a month in early August: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1695&p=6260&hilit=bitfinex+margin#p6260

Has this problem with Bitfinex been resolved yet?

StuntmanMike

Postby StuntmanMike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 am

They have Confirmed it and already working on it.

swampwallaby

Postby swampwallaby » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:29 am

Thanks Mike,

I see in the forums that they confirmed they where working on it 3 months ago. Is this the usual turnaround for fixing major issues?

Regards.

Return to “Help and Support”