This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Bollinger band + never sell cheaper not working?

Can't figure out how to get a specific feature working? Ask for help here.
Snuddles

Bollinger band + never sell cheaper not working?

Postby Snuddles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:46 pm

I have tried setting up a bot with Bollinger bands (16/3/3) and insurance never sell cheaper. However it seems to be buying/selling on weird times. Perhaps I am not understanding it fully?

At 5.57 it buys 220 steem for 0.00029549 and at 6.25 it sells them for 0.00029548

I don't understand why is it buying at 5.57? Looking at the graph it seems like the actual price is very close to center line (so it shouldn't be near the upper/lower bollinger bands that will activate a buy/sell?.

Also when it sells shortly after it sells for a lower price, despite "never selling cheaper" is on this bot. Is this insurance bugged?

Snuddles

Re: Bollinger band + never sell cheaper not working?

Postby Snuddles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Okay I started the bot at 5.57 I can see. So apparently it buys asap bot is started even if it dosen't fit with the bollinger band?

Also still curious about it selling cheaper than it bought.

pshai
King of Scripts

Re: Bollinger band + never sell cheaper not working?

Postby pshai » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi Snuddles,

The built-in bollinger bands do not work with BTC markets, as the prices are below 1.0 which causes the math in it to fail. If you are able to use scripts (meaning you own Simple or Advanced License) you can try my script for BBands.

What comes to "Never sell cheaper", well it is broken in the stable release. It is suggested to use "Percentage price change" instead as mentioned here.

~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

Return to “Help and Support”