a good bot/settings for a rapid bull run?

General discussion about Haasbot's Order Bot. (Beginner)
ETHTraderKZ

a good bot/settings for a rapid bull run?

Postby ETHTraderKZ » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:23 am

Hey! I am certain that like many times before, ether will be climbing in price until the EEA3 announcement. A simple way would be to just set up a long all in and a stop loss and just sit till 14th and wait. What I would like to do is to also get profits on smaller scale fluctuations and reinvest my profit into ETH (my collateral is in ETH), then reopen a bigger margin (due to bigger collateral) a few dollars lower than the price I sold at. The flag/pennant analysis has proved very useful in this thing (btw, are there any bots/indicators that can recognize these?) but I would also like to implement Fibonacci to see where it's likely to sell and reopen the best? For now just doing it manually without a bot would be great, but if I had a bot, that would, of course, make it perfect, but for now I can deal without it. I jsut need an indicator that can see and recognize flag/pennant and analyze it and give me a good price target and after that use an indicator with Fibonacci extension to get targets when we are not in a trend.

Stephan, what do you think?
P.S. I bought advanced version for 2 months 3-4 days ago. Kinda regret doing it because I still wasn't able to make it do what i need.

stephan
Administrator

Re: a good bot/settings for a rapid bull run?

Postby stephan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:48 pm

It just takes a little bit of time to get the hang of things, but you will get there. :)

For example, you like to get into shorter bull runs.... I like to suggest a Trade-Bot which is setup using an Price pump and Price dump Safeties. This is all. Set this up, ensure the trade-bot reports good operations maybe tweak the settings of the pump and dump a little and hit Run.

I understand you have been thinking about using the Fibonacci, but ask yourself.. when do you use this exactly? You can only use Fibonacci in a very good way if the top and bottom is known. In short... the Fibonacci can not detect bull runs properly, its after the high and low are known that Fibonacci is performing on its best.

The setup i am suggesting is using price pump and dump detection. The technology behind it is very simple, it assumes a kind off stop-loss price and it adjust this in only one direction. So at a pump the stop-loss price can only go up, if the price drops then the stop-loss gets hit and a trade happens. The same but the opposite is true for the price dump, it can only adjust downwards.

There is only 1 BUT to this... this strategy will work very well on trending prices (like we have now). But if the prices gets sideways then this strategy will begin to fail and give losses.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

ETHTraderKZ

Postby ETHTraderKZ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Thank you man, very insightful! If I make any money using this strat on the bot I will donate some ETH for this tip :)

kick

Postby kick » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:54 pm

stephan wrote:There is only 1 BUT to this... this strategy will work very well on trending prices (like we have now). But if the prices gets sideways then this strategy will begin to fail and give losses.

I assume with that in mind, can set 'trade only trending' and you would be good?

Also, in this scenario would you have both price pump and price dump on the same trade bot or would you have two setup (one price pump and only set to sell and the other set to price dump and set to buy) and then link them in some way (or deactivate after trade or some other criteria)?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:16 pm

I assume with that in mind, can set 'trade only trending' and you would be good?

Insurances will not work because we are using Safeties here. The Price dump and Dump are safeties, they have a over-ruling signal. Insurances can only check Indicator signals.

Still, its an interesting idea....

Also, in this scenario would you have both price pump and price dump on the same trade bot or would you have two setup (one price pump and only set to sell and the other set to price dump and set to buy) and then link them in some way (or deactivate after trade or some other criteria)?

Just 1 bot... the bot needs to be aware of where your coins are located. So this can only be setup using 1 trade-bot.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Return to “Order Bot Discussion”