This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Market Making version of bot??

General discussion about Haasbot's Triangle Arbitrage Bot. (Simple)
statdude

Market Making version of bot??

Postby statdude » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:27 pm

I understand this bot looks for arbs and places market orders to take advantage. I am not interested in market orders, however, as the market is too smart to let you make much profit that way. However, could you make a version that "market makes" similar to your market making bot, based on the current logic, using limit orders + Offset?

Example, the current bot could look at the following pairs:

BTC/USD $650 (Main)
BTC/ETH .02 (Main #2)
ETH/USD TARGET = $650 * 0.23 = $13 (Plus add Offset, say 5% for bid / ask spread, same as market maker bot - so bid / ask might be $12.50 / $13.50)

The bot would then perform the same function using limit orders plus an Offset. Shouldnt be much different than current bot. Is this available or could I program it in the application?

I would definitely be willing to pay extra for this as I've been trying to have something like this programmed with some success but I'd prefer to use the nice Haas GUI. This would be a nice bot to run in conjunction with a cross exchange market maker, as I suggested in that thread.

pshai
King of Scripts

Re: Market Making version of bot??

Postby pshai » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:57 am

statdude wrote:The bot would then perform the same function using limit orders plus an Offset. Shouldnt be much different than current bot. Is this available or could I program it in the application?

ScriptIndicators gets access to API when the results are being requested. So you might be able to do something like this, but as an indicator/safety/insurance in a TradeBot. Definitely not sure how much access the API in these will allow, but it might be worth trying.

Cheers,
~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

Return to “Triangle Arbitrage Bot Discussion”