This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Bitfinex Triage, simulated account

General discussion about Haasbot's Triangle Arbitrage Bot. (Simple)
submono

Bitfinex Triage, simulated account

Postby submono » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:47 am

Hi,

I've set up a sim account for triage on Bitfinex and try to do some backtesting with a triage bot. But no matter what currency pairings (tried them all) I input, I always get the message that the backtesting failed because the given pairs cannot be used for a triangle.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sven

pshai
King of Scripts

Re: Bitfinex Triage, simulated account

Postby pshai » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:03 am

Hey,

I'm not sure if You have understood how the Triangle Arbitrage works, but you need to set markets like this:
ETH/BTC, ETH/USD, BTC/USD.

It's what the bot needs; it tries to analyse these markets and spot any differences in these markets. If the differences are big enough and the bot might profit with it, then it might do a fast circulation of coins.

For example;
Let's say you have 10 ETH and the bot discovers good opportunity for an arbitrage. The bot would then sell your ETH for BTC or USD, then trade the BTC for USD or USD for BTC (which ever way is more profitable), and then buy back your 10 ETH and maybe even come out with profits (but if there's high commission fees, this bot is useless).

It is suggested to use this bot on 0% fee exchanges, because it has to go through many trades before it has gone around it.

Hope this helped! :)

~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

submono

Postby submono » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:38 am

Hi pshai,

I've managed to set up a Triage Bot on BTCC trading BTC/CNY, LTC/CNY, LTC/BTC with BTC as coin position and a trade amount of 0.1 BTC. However it's just sitting there, doing nothing at all. Might that be due to the low LTC movement on the platform? Also, what do you think would be a good profit target for Triage? Sorry for picking your brain, I'm quite new to the game.

Thanks,
Sven

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:50 am

submono wrote:Sorry for picking your brain, ...

Oh please, it's morning and I need breakfast. ;)

The Arbitrage bot doesn't do any trades unless it sees something worthwhile between the markets. If there is 0% commission fees per trade, then I'd put in something like 0.1 - 0.5% profits (it's per loop) and if there are fees, then I'd suggest not using it. Then the bot would act more often when it spots even the tiniest bits of profitable differences between the markets. But it's still risky; it might not execute the whole loop, because the situations on the markets might suddenly change during it.

Don't lose all your money,
~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

Paara

Postby Paara » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi

I have also problems to setup this bot. I ve try to simulate this custom bot with the KRAKEN-Exchange. In the informations about the TriangleArbitrage Bot is to read"..select at least 3 price markets". My config is:

Coin position: BTC
Trade amount: 20
Profit target: 0.01%

Market 1: BTC/USD
Market 2: ETH/USD
Market 3: LTC/USD
Market 4: BTC/USD
Market 5: BTC/USD
Market 6: BTC/USD

I see no possibility to clear the configuration for market 4-6.

If i try to backtest this configuration the following message appears:

"The backtest of bot New Bot has failed, the given pairs can not be used for an triangle."

Can anyone help a rookie? :-)

Best regards
Paara

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Sure, you are already very close.

Alright you got this setup...
Market 3: LTC/USD

The "problem" here is there is no way to do the trade between market 2 and 3. Market 3 must have the ETH coin inside it.

In addition market 3 must have BTC inside it as well, this will allow the bot to turn back to the first pair.

So if you give market 3 the market pair: ETH/BTC or BTC/ETH then it will be working.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Paara

Postby Paara » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi stephan

Thank you very much for this very fast answer!

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Same failure message with this config:

Market 3: ETH/BTC
Market 4: BTC/USD
Market 5: BTC/USD
Market 6: BTC/USD

I think the problem is with markets 4-6. Which configuration do you recommend?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:53 pm

You may leave them be. The bot will use all the given markets and find the trading routes on its own. So the bot makes its own selection and it will avoid duplicates.

The setup is alright, aldo you could consider to add in ltc/usd and eth/ltc too. If you do this then the bot will have more trading routes to choose from.

But what error do you have? It indeed takes a while to load all those historical prices, but it should not be a problem. Once in sync it you should be able do backtest.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Paara

Postby Paara » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:07 pm

That's the solution! ..or almost.. :-)

The settings were correct. My problem was, that i had selected a period of 2 Hours. I don't know why, but only after I had chosen "1 week", the data for ETH / USD were loaded. Now it works!

Thanks for your support!

Return to “Triangle Arbitrage Bot Discussion”