Potential bugs in the bot?

General discussion about Haasbot's Triangle Arbitrage Bot. (Simple)
rzlaprime

Potential bugs in the bot?

Postby rzlaprime » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi,

I've been spending some time trying to configure this optimally, and have encountered a few issues that I think are bugs. It would be great to get other perspectives from support / other users on these - maybe I have missed something obvious...

1) The order in which the 3 markets are entered seems to affect whether or not they are considered a valid triangle or not. For example, I found that selecting: BTC/USDT, ETH/USDT, ETH/BTC in the first 3 boxes would be valid, but BTC/USDT, ETH/BTC, ETH/USDT was not a valid triangle.

2) I don't think I can get the last 3 boxes to do anything. I've entered valid triangles in them and the logbook only ever displayed trades from the first 3 boxes.

Whilst it would be possible to use the bot with just the first 3 boxes, it would be much more effective with more markets selected. I'm a bit wary to use it for real though (rather than just backtesting) without understanding a little more about the logic - it would be good to know exactly how the bot identifies the triangles, to maximise the number of potential triangles from 6 selections.

Cheers

Tom

rzlaprime

Re: Potential bugs in the bot?

Postby rzlaprime » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi,

an update on my previous post.

I have decided to move onto live testing, using BTC/USDT, LTD/USDT and LTC/BTC on poloniex, with 0.05 trade amount and 0.01% profit target. backtesting shows plenty of trades per day with this setup.

However in live testing I haven't seen a trade yet, and the logbook suggests it should be making trades when it does not. Lines such as "Route BTC/USDT -> LTC/USDT -> LTC/BTC gives 2.3% profit" are fairly common and should indicate opening a trade, but they never do?

Again this may all be down to my inexperience rather than bugs - knowing more about the bots logic would really help to iron out the issues here...

Thanks

Tom

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:50 pm

The answer is inside the orderbooks. When we do a backtest then we will use a historical record of ask and bid prices. This gives a relatively good impression of what this bot can do at real time. When this bot runs at real time then it will analyze all the orderbooks. It has to check if it can execute the trades successfully. So this is what is happening on the background. The route might look profitable, but it has to be fully confirmed as well else no action will be taken.

BTW Please note that the backtest of this bot is too optimistic because we do not have a historical record of the full orderbook of the past. Just the best Ask and Bid price alone, so this is what the backtest uses.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

rzlaprime

Postby rzlaprime » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm now attempting to run this bot on bittrex (due to your advice from my other post) and it still hasn't made any trades, despite having two triangles successfully set up (BTC/USDT/ETH & BTC/USDT/NEO), and making loads of trades in testing. It's been running for around 16 hours, and I'll keep testing, but I am starting to think that something isn't working (most likely a part of my setup rather than the bot itself). THere's no red icons for the bot by the way, and the logbook seems to be running ok, happily selecting routes.

Can I just check, are any other users using this bot with any success? The forum isn't very active compared to the other bots, so it led me to question my resolution to get this one to work before moving on to any other ones. The attraction of this one of course is that it really shouldn't be able to run at a loss. The market is too trendy for scalper bot right now I reckon, and I wanted to generate a small consistent profit from this one whilst creating my own bot...

cheers

Tom

Darek

Postby Darek » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Also, I have the same problem, backtesting work, but as soon as the bot is online, no order go through. Please for examination, thank you. Platforms Kraken & Coinbase

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:23 pm

To really find the source of this problem it is best to go to the Trade Now form and to place a limit order at a price so it will not be filled. If all goes well then you should see the order on the exchange. It should also show up on the Open Orders window (where you can cancel it again)

BTW on my subscribe there is a link to a Telegram group, if you click this then you can talk to other haasbot users more directly. ;)
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Return to “Triangle Arbitrage Bot Discussion”