This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

bitmex leverage and stop loss on short

General Discussion about Haasbot's Trade Server Bot. (All)
samsamsam

bitmex leverage and stop loss on short

Postby samsamsam » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Hey guys,
I'm playing with the safeties on a bitmex leverage (10x) bot, but the stop loss safeties are not triggering on short orders.
I've tried Close position below % loss, dynamic stop loss as well as phais stop losses but nothing works.

Any suggestion here what to do? Does it work for you?
Best regards

Quartermark

Re: bitmex leverage and stop loss on short

Postby Quartermark » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 pm

I have the same issue. I tried all the config changes I can think of and none work. The only possible solution I'm unsure about is setting the "Signal Mapping" to "Go no position" rather than go long/short. I think this sends the "close position" request, which may be how the BitMEX API works (others 'close' positions by opening up contrary short/long positions - it varies from exchange to exchange how they implement).

robi256

Postby robi256 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:01 am

Just had to find out same thing that my short was not stopped - my setting was 180/90% but it went -25%...
Any suggestions welcome - without stop loss it's tough to set up the tradebot securely!

skarbor

Postby skarbor » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am

robi256 wrote:Just had to find out same thing that my short was not stopped - my setting was 180/90% but it went -25%...
Any suggestions welcome - without stop loss it's tough to set up the tradebot securely!

I believe you have to take leverage into consideration. so a 90% stop-loss on 2x would actually mean 80%

Return to “Trade Bot Discussion”