This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Let's share our best trading strategy

General Discussion about Haasbot's Trade Server Bot. (All)
987Tahiti

Let's share our best trading strategy

Postby 987Tahiti » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi guys,

I have been looking for post like this one around the forum but i couldn't find one.
The purpose of this post is to share and improve our best trading strategy in order to be always more profitable.
So let's do it!

If you want to be a part of this and get help from the community in order to improve your strategy, just answer to the following points :
--------------------------------------------------
Global questions :

1. What is your experience about trading? (Beginner, intermediate, professional)
2. Since how long do you use Haasonline?
3. Do you always use the backtesting tool before investing on the market?
If no, why?

Questions about trading strategy :
1. In a few words, what is your definition of a good trading strategy?
2. What are the key indicators that you are using ?
3. How do you choose the currencies on which to position your bot?
4. Do you use the same global strategy for every cryptocurrency, or do you use separate strategies for different cryptocurrencies ?
5. What is your global daily performance? (negative performance, 0-5%, 5%-10%, >10%)

Tracking your performance :
1. How do you track your performance? (only with haas BOT / excel / other tool)

-----------------------------------------------

if you feel that some additional questions could be added, do not hesitate to add them!

Cheers ;)

virtualpaper

Re: Let's share our best trading strategy

Postby virtualpaper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:11 am

It saddens me to see this post was viewed 86 times and not a single reply.... WTF guys for real LMAO?!?! Is everyone really out for a free ride over here , jeez lol

Surely one of the better posts ive read on this forum....

As much as I like to help newbs.. often times the questions are so thoughtless and rhetorical... I dont even bother to waste my time to get involved because the answers can easily be found on google with the just the slightest bit of effort, or theyre asking questions are more for reaction than trying to actually learn something... so again, i dont bother with those....

When I read this post, I was impressed for a few reasons... (So im assuming hes a newb, which is saying alot)
1. It was well written an well thought out... Simple, but clear and to the point. We all started as newbs at one point or another, and asking the right questions is sometimes one of the hardest places to start. This line of work is so complex and overwhelming at times, its hard for anyone to really know where to begin let alone ask the right questions. Yes theyre basic and simple, but the things he writes is atleast not shit like, "I have 10k, which coin will make most profit" How many times have we heard that. ?? hahah

2. The whole purpose of this forum is to learn the Haasbot software, and imo, theres only 3 ways to do so.. 1. a 4 hour private session from Mr Stephan De Hass himself (yea good luck with that one... haha. Love ya Stephan, but we both know you'll never find the time for this nor do i think you really have interest to lol) 2. Hands on Trial and error, (mostly Error) This way could possibly be more expensive than option 1 if Stephan were to ever agree and offer a paid 1 on 1 session) and 3. one of the best ways, Sharing experiences among each other. Telling what works and what doesnt so we atleast know where to begin. Even the most experienced users can prob still learn something new everyday. This software is so deep that even Alice still seems to be a mystery on how it really works. Even the dev's dont seem to completely know and built her haha.... sorry, I couldnt go own without mentioning that.

3. Anyways.... To get to the point... I get that nobody wants to share their super classified strategies... I get it.. and its all good... but this guy is asking basic questions that even i would love to hear some of the responses from it... Listen, I dont know this guy from a hole in the wall so im not here defending a friend by any means, but what I do know, is that hes just out to make a buck in crypto like everyone else in this community, and i respect the guy cause he's taking the right approach but is getting completely brushed off by everyone.... For all we know, he may of taken that as a huge diss and hung him self by now lol.... just kidding... I hope he didnt do that haha

That being said, Id love to take the honor of being the first to answer the questions, but i just spent 30 min writing this response while missing out on my opportunities to buy Bitcoin at $3300 and Ethereum at $230, so i need to get back to my own business, but i will be return in a day or 2 to answer these questions on here, hopefully everyone else starts doing the same :) The more we help each other with valuable intel, the better we all end up at the end of the day.

Sorry to sound like a stoodge over here but i had to speak up on this one, because reading more posts like this is whats really missing from taking this forum up to the next level.

Be Well Everyone... For those who know me, they already know Im not angry, im just speaking with passion! :) :ugeek:

To be fair, I will add a few basic tips that go a long way to ensure succeess...
1. Be a smart investor, trade w logic & not emotion
2. Always have $$ set aside and be prepared for Fud Fridays, buy the Dips and dont be a liquidating Lush!
3. I would also say "dont be one of them fomo traders, but we need the fomos, cause somebodys gotta be ready at all times to buy out our "take profits" lol.... Its prob in your best interest though for it not to be you and just leave that for the other guy to handle. lol. Theres more than enough applicants out there trying to fill this position... Its always the bottom feeders that never go hungry ;-)
Happy Trading and keep HODLIN! No hodlin shit coins unless you plan to get in and out, plan out your take profit zones before getting started and no getting greedy no matter what, profit is profit!! PERIOD!

virtualpaper

Postby virtualpaper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 am

BTW... I lost the password to my original forum account and dont have access to tht email either now :? :? so had to start a new one which is why its showing as only my first post :roll: ,,, just wanted to make note of that cause im sure some where prob wondering wTF is this dude lol... sorry... thats my story and im sticking with it til the end :) :lol:

rdubai85

Postby rdubai85 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:35 am

Hi Guys,

I am a newb... have been trading manually for 6 months and on haasbot for a month with advanced license...

till now i have only used order bot with ladder strategies.. it has been profitable strategy for me but it's a basic one to start with..

I will post my other strategies as I learn over the period of time.

tries to setup arbitrage bot for BTC, LTC & ETH on bitfinex but it didn't work out as it asked to define six markets and i could not define six markets from the currency pair BTC, LTC, ETH.

Any help?

Thanks,
RD

virtualpaper

Postby virtualpaper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:55 am

rdubai85 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am a newb... have been trading manually for 6 months and on haasbot for a month with advanced license...

till now i have only used order bot with ladder strategies.. it has been profitable strategy for me but it's a basic one to start with..

I will post my other strategies as I learn over the period of time.

tries to setup arbitrage bot for BTC, LTC & ETH on bitfinex but it didn't work out as it asked to define six markets and i could not define six markets from the currency pair BTC, LTC, ETH.

Any help?

Thanks,
RD

I dont like to tell people how to trade as everyone should have their own goals in mind and each strategy will vary from goal to goal..... 1 key factor to always consider is what type of investment are you working with because whos trading with 3-4 BTC's worth of liquidity should and will always have a diff strategy than someone who is only 0.10-0.50 BTC's.... So thats The first and imo most important. If youre only working with a small amount, this is fine, but you cant trade in the same manor as someone working with 10k. USD

2. Arbitrage is a completely different ave. My advice to you there is learn to trade 1 market at a time before jumping into arbitrage.... Another problem with arbitrage is the time factor.... Finding a coin trading 3% higher on a different exchange is worthless, if you cant get the coin there in time before the price becomes what it was at the original exchange you sent it from. in Due time the technology will be available to make arbitrage like a dream opportunity, but i dont believe its at that point yet. Not yet atleast to make a signifigant difference.

3. If i were to reccommend a bot to learn how things work, try using the Flash crash Bot.... you Pick your base price, then it will set several sell orders above that base and several BUYS below.... As long as the coin is moving somewhat sideways or is rangebound, you should easily see signifignant gains... ETH and LTC are great for this. Besides their boom periods, this is how they move and what will make you profit. Start there and see how you do.

Also, I preffer using these Bots on Bittrex for the High Volume... your orders will get filled much faster and you wont hopefully grow as impatient, as it will take some time regarless where you choose to trade.

Hopefully you made sense of that.... I was typing fast with no proof reading... sorry

rdubai85

Postby rdubai85 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:28 am

thanks.. yes it did make sense.. I am trading with 10 BTC and was looking for triangle arbitrage opportunity..

i preferred bitfinex due to low fees but Agree that bittrex is a better option due to high volume which is key for execution..

virtualpaper

Postby virtualpaper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:16 pm

rdubai85 wrote:thanks.. yes it did make sense.. I am trading with 10 BTC and was looking for triangle arbitrage opportunity..

i preferred bitfinex due to low fees but Agree that bittrex is a better option due to high volume which is key for execution..

With 10 BTC i would still consider using flash crash over anything until you fully understand the software and the process....
So theres no misunderstanding.... I have no problems with Arbitrage.... my only point was that its a completely different part of the game, and learning the process of trading in general should come first and will only help you to make better arbitrage decisions down the line.

So again, my best advice to you is focus on on 1-3 coins and use the Flash Crash bot. This will give you a great introduction and bring comfort to using the Haas bot software. I wont advise you which coins to trade nor will i tell you any strategies at this time, you need to learn that yourself to ensure you do as much research as possible. All i can do is point you in the right direction, and flash crash is a great Bot for someone in your position to start profiting out the gate if used correctly. Im sure most who are familiar with this bot will agree. Its simple to use , straight to the point, and will help you ease your self into using Haasbot as a valuable tool.

Take one step at a time my friend. 10 BTC is alot of money to risk if you are not at the top of your game.

987Tahiti

Postby 987Tahiti » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:33 pm

virtualpaper wrote:It saddens me to see this post was viewed 86 times and not a single reply.... WTF guys for real LMAO?!?! Is everyone really out for a free ride over here , jeez lol

Surely one of the better posts ive read on this forum....

As much as I like to help newbs.. often times the questions are so thoughtless and rhetorical... I dont even bother to waste my time to get involved because the answers can easily be found on google with the just the slightest bit of effort, or theyre asking questions are more for reaction than trying to actually learn something... so again, i dont bother with those....

When I read this post, I was impressed for a few reasons... (So im assuming hes a newb, which is saying alot)
1. It was well written an well thought out... Simple, but clear and to the point. We all started as newbs at one point or another, and asking the right questions is sometimes one of the hardest places to start. This line of work is so complex and overwhelming at times, its hard for anyone to really know where to begin let alone ask the right questions. Yes theyre basic and simple, but the things he writes is atleast not shit like, "I have 10k, which coin will make most profit" How many times have we heard that. ?? hahah

2. The whole purpose of this forum is to learn the Haasbot software, and imo, theres only 3 ways to do so.. 1. a 4 hour private session from Mr Stephan De Hass himself (yea good luck with that one... haha. Love ya Stephan, but we both know you'll never find the time for this nor do i think you really have interest to lol) 2. Hands on Trial and error, (mostly Error) This way could possibly be more expensive than option 1 if Stephan were to ever agree and offer a paid 1 on 1 session) and 3. one of the best ways, Sharing experiences among each other. Telling what works and what doesnt so we atleast know where to begin. Even the most experienced users can prob still learn something new everyday. This software is so deep that even Alice still seems to be a mystery on how it really works. Even the dev's dont seem to completely know and built her haha.... sorry, I couldnt go own without mentioning that.

3. Anyways.... To get to the point... I get that nobody wants to share their super classified strategies... I get it.. and its all good... but this guy is asking basic questions that even i would love to hear some of the responses from it... Listen, I dont know this guy from a hole in the wall so im not here defending a friend by any means, but what I do know, is that hes just out to make a buck in crypto like everyone else in this community, and i respect the guy cause he's taking the right approach but is getting completely brushed off by everyone.... For all we know, he may of taken that as a huge diss and hung him self by now lol.... just kidding... I hope he didnt do that haha

That being said, Id love to take the honor of being the first to answer the questions, but i just spent 30 min writing this response while missing out on my opportunities to buy Bitcoin at $3300 and Ethereum at $230, so i need to get back to my own business, but i will be return in a day or 2 to answer these questions on here, hopefully everyone else starts doing the same :) The more we help each other with valuable intel, the better we all end up at the end of the day.

Sorry to sound like a stoodge over here but i had to speak up on this one, because reading more posts like this is whats really missing from taking this forum up to the next level.

Be Well Everyone... For those who know me, they already know Im not angry, im just speaking with passion! :) :ugeek:

To be fair, I will add a few basic tips that go a long way to ensure succeess...
1. Be a smart investor, trade w logic & not emotion
2. Always have $$ set aside and be prepared for Fud Fridays, buy the Dips and dont be a liquidating Lush!
3. I would also say "dont be one of them fomo traders, but we need the fomos, cause somebodys gotta be ready at all times to buy out our "take profits" lol.... Its prob in your best interest though for it not to be you and just leave that for the other guy to handle. lol. Theres more than enough applicants out there trying to fill this position... Its always the bottom feeders that never go hungry ;-)
Happy Trading and keep HODLIN! No hodlin shit coins unless you plan to get in and out, plan out your take profit zones before getting started and no getting greedy no matter what, profit is profit!! PERIOD!

Thanks a lot for your brilliant answer and the time you took to write it :)
I truly think we can bring this forum to another level and help each others by sharing some tips.

As an advanced license user I am currently testing the Alice BOT on BTC / USD and, thanks to your feedback, I will test the FlashCrash BOT soon.

I also have anothe newbier question to you guys :
- How do you define if the BOT is having a "good" or "bad" performance?
In fact I have problems to evaluate if my BOT srategy is good when i make 1.5% gains per day, or "bad" because the BOT capacities could give me much more.
Any idea?

Cheers!

redmm

Postby redmm » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:03 am

rdubai85 wrote:thanks.. yes it did make sense.. I am trading with 10 BTC and was looking for triangle arbitrage opportunity..

hey, i’m also new to cryptos and bots
wanted to know how is it going with the not after all this time you’ve been using it ?
do you have telegram? we could chat there, exchange info. my telegram: #rvmlz
write to me.

vodkalol

Postby vodkalol » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:54 pm

exprerementfield wrote:The best strategy is to trade with the best broker. Won't recommend any specific one in order to not to be considered ad or something. So take a look at ratings of brokers http://trade-leader.com/.

1. stop being scared off helping others. Your not helping if you write "i'am sacred off helping if people would think I own bitfinex and therefore advice them" we know you dont own bitfinex man, just say it as it is lol. Even if you give a ref link I will be happy if you bring anything helpfull to the table mate. ( I ready gor bitfinex account so a ref link is useless lol )

2. Then you link a non crypto website as "help". I want to shoot my self now if this is considered help. Why did you even write?

Sorry, but this kind of people are driving me nuts as a new user. No help to find anywhere lol.

Return to “Trade Bot Discussion”