This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

EMA/SMA Bot

General Discussion about Haasbot's Trade Server Bot. (All)
joeprice22

EMA/SMA Bot

Postby joeprice22 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi,

I'm in the midst of trying to setup a bot for the first time. I'd like to setup a trade bot that goes back and forth (all in) when EMA / SMA lines cross based on 5 minute candlesticks.

The EMA would be a 30 day and the SMA a 50 day. So in essence once the SMA just crosses under the EMA I want to sell all to USD and when the EMA just crosses above the SMA I want to buy all back in the crypto of my choice. I think that it would be ideal to setup the buy/sell at margin throughout.

Thoughts on how to set this up?

Thanks in advance.

joeprice22

Re: EMA/SMA Bot

Postby joeprice22 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:40 am

Any comments on this? Would like to get the bot up and running.

joeprice22

Postby joeprice22 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:31 am

Ok I emailed the moderator and he said the EMA/SMA setup is not possible but a high and low EMA is. Any ideas on how to set this up in the bot correctly? An EMA (100 day) is basically the same as an SMA (50 da) so I'd like to use an EMA (100) and EMA (30).

How would I set this up as a bot then with an EMA (30) and EMA (100) so that I buy everytime the EMA (30) crosses above the EMA (100) and sell when the EMA (100) crosses above the EMA (30)?

The moderator also mentioned I could use a SMA to buy and a EMA to sell. This he advised is also a more advanced setup because you need to disable the buy/sell signals in the indicator itself but it should work well. Any ideas on how to set a bot up for this?

I tried a test run with the EMA indicator for high and low but it didn't match the expected action as per the chart.

All help appreciated!

StuntmanMike

Postby StuntmanMike » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi joeprice22

i got the same Problems like you.
Just want to use an ema 20/50 to make an bit for long term Margin markets.
1. Probem
I also use the Ema in tradingview or in bitcoinwisdom and there the EMA looks good.
When i set up the ima in the bot withe the same settings the lines look not the same.

2. Problem
Also the Trades are noct at the same time as in the chart.
Attachments
wisdom.png
tradingview.png
bot.png

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:45 am

Hey guys,

This type of strategy is possible if you have at least the simple license since you are able to use scripts then. I have made a custom indicator that allows setting 2 MAs of different types. You can see it here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1683

Happy trading,
~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

joeprice22

Postby joeprice22 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:39 pm

We both know that this strategy is possible as it's clearly shown in the program notes. The problem is that is doesn't execute the trades on time at least from my current testing and the candlestick patterns differ from Haas and Tradingview etc... These are the issues.

Btw, it's not possible to access your link.

Bunka

Postby Bunka » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:07 pm

If you have your haasbot, but dont have access to hidden part of forum, you should apply for it in:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1258

GCI

Postby GCI » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 am

Bunka wrote:If you have your haasbot, but dont have access to hidden part of forum, you should apply for it in:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1258

Thanks for the info!

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am

joeprice22 wrote:We both know that this strategy is possible as it's clearly shown in the program notes. The problem is that is doesn't execute the trades on time at least from my current testing and the candlestick patterns differ from Haas and Tradingview etc... These are the issues.

Btw, it's not possible to access your link.

Sorry for being rude. The "problem" you are facing is the fact that we collect our own price data from the exchanges. There might be a little offset to notice, but I do not think that's an issue.

What do you mean by "trades not executing in time"? If the problem is that your order doesn't get filled once created, then that is something we cannot affect. You in the other hand can create custom order templates to really make the best of your trades. But I hope to get more information on what you mean, I want to help.

Cheers,
~pshai

P.S.
I suggest you update to current beta version, if you haven't already.
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

German

Postby German » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm

When you choose the indicators inside you will see arrows pointing up or down, if you click on them they will show you the boxes that you can choose for buy signals only or sell signals.
Hope it helps

Return to “Trade Bot Discussion”