bitmex leverage and stop loss on short

General Discussion about Haasbot's Trade Server Bot. (All)
samsamsam

bitmex leverage and stop loss on short

Postby samsamsam » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Hey guys,
I'm playing with the safeties on a bitmex leverage (10x) bot, but the stop loss safeties are not triggering on short orders.
I've tried Close position below % loss, dynamic stop loss as well as phais stop losses but nothing works.

Any suggestion here what to do? Does it work for you?
Best regards

Quartermark

Re: bitmex leverage and stop loss on short

Postby Quartermark » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 pm

I have the same issue. I tried all the config changes I can think of and none work. The only possible solution I'm unsure about is setting the "Signal Mapping" to "Go no position" rather than go long/short. I think this sends the "close position" request, which may be how the BitMEX API works (others 'close' positions by opening up contrary short/long positions - it varies from exchange to exchange how they implement).

robi256

Postby robi256 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:01 am

Just had to find out same thing that my short was not stopped - my setting was 180/90% but it went -25%...
Any suggestions welcome - without stop loss it's tough to set up the tradebot securely!

skarbor

Postby skarbor » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am

robi256 wrote:Just had to find out same thing that my short was not stopped - my setting was 180/90% but it went -25%...
Any suggestions welcome - without stop loss it's tough to set up the tradebot securely!

I believe you have to take leverage into consideration. so a 90% stop-loss on 2x would actually mean 80%

Return to “Trade Bot Discussion”